Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Review Detail

Kokatat "Bahia Tour" PFD
PFD Reviews
December 11, 2012    
(Updated: August 23, 2013)
Stars 

Great fit for a woman

I was trying to find a vest that would accommodate my female anatomy, shorter torso with bigger hips, and doesn’t ride up. Recently, I had written a company to ask to try some vests prior to purchase. I am happy that I did. I have had the opportunity demo two PFDs from the company Kokatat. They sent me a model specifically designed for women the MsFit. They also sent one of their more unisex models the Bahia Tour that seems to be accommodating for women as well as men.

The Bahia Tour was great with my high back seat, which is my seat of preference. The Bahia has a thicker padding at the top of the back. Then about a third of the way down there is change to a mesh strip about two inches in length and he width of your back. This allows for great circulation of air on your back. Then it transitions to a thin pad that allows you to sit against your seat. The Bahia has two adjustable side straps, an adjustable waist strap, and adjustable shoulder straps. The shoulders are neoprene with the straps above them. This makes for the most comfortable fit. I was really surprised with how much of a difference the neoprene shoulders made. It has secured pockets on the front for accessibility. Overall I like both models. It didn’t bother me to wear either model during a day’s worth of fishing. I would definitely say that the Bahai is the one I favor the most. It has the most comfortable fit that I have experienced of a PFD for fishing.

User Info

Waters Fished:
  • Large Rivers
  • Small Creeks
  • Large Lakes
  • Small Ponds
  • Salwater Flats
  • Saltwater Bays
Used:
2-6 times
Bahia Tour PFD
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Get the YakAngler Newsletter!

Keep tabs on all the latest from YakAngler.