Lure Reviews
February 02, 2015    
Overall rating 

Craftsmanship 

Durability 

Versatility 

Value 

Spro Little John 50

Spro Little John 50 squarebill crankbait. This is an excellent crankbait to throw when 3-5 ft is the depth you are targeting. They make other versions but this review is for the original. The bait has a soft tungsten weighting system that allows it to cast like a rocket and to stay true on the retrieve. All of my baits run straight and true right out of the box...ne need to "tune" it to get it right.

This is a tough little bait. I love to throw it right into felled trees and along rip rap. It bounces off of all of this and continues to run straight. No damage to the lip of the crank either. The majority of my bites come right as it deflects off of something. You can also control the depth that the lure runs with rod tip placement and line size. I was able to regularly get it to run to 5 feet and with a little adjustment of the rod tip keep it around 3-4 feet.

This is really a great bait that can take a lickin'. It is a bit pricy at around 10 bucks a lure, but the benefits of the lure certainly justify the cost. If you are looking for a shallow running crankbait, do yourself a favor and check out the Spro line and give them a shot.

User Info

Waters Fished:
  • Large Rivers
  • Small Creeks
  • Small Ponds
  • Salwater Flats
  • Saltwater Bays
Used:
30+ times

Pros & Cons

Pros:
Excellent action, tought little crankbait, tons of colors
Cons:
Little pricy
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Get the YakAngler Newsletter!

Keep tabs on all the latest from YakAngler.