Lure Reviews
June 12, 2014    
Overall rating 

Craftsmanship 

Durability 

Versatility 

Value 

KVD Sexy Frog

If you have seen any of my other reviews or forum posts, you will know right away that I'm a frog addict. Love throwing the frog into pads and grass more than any other fishing technique. Because of this, I've owned and thrown just about every brand and style of hollow topwater bait made. I can tell you, they all work. If you walk a frog through the pads, it's going to get strikes. The big difference in frogs comes down to three main points for me. Cast ability, durability and hook up percentage.

If you want to save some time, I'll sum up the review by saying the KVD Sexy Frog knocks it out of the park in all three categories.

Cast ability. There are some hollow baits that just don't throw well. Whether it's because of their lack of weight or the design catches too much air they just don't fly well. The KVD sails like a champ. It's no problem getting to the back of the pads with this one. A+

Durability is HUGE when throwing a hollow bodied bait. It's no fun dropping $6+ on a bait and having the legs come off after a few casts in the rough stuff. That is not an issue with this lure. The skirt style legs are super durable and I'm yet to completely wear one out. So for durability and value this one get an AA+.

Now hook up percentage is pretty subjective at best. Let's face it, a lot of this comes down to feel and angler skill. I will be the first to admit that I miss more fish than I catch when fishing pads with a frog. But, some baits really do hook up better than others. For me and the way I fish the KVD leads the pack on hook ups. Now your milage my vary but I'll still give this one an A.

Overall a great topwater bait and by far and away my favorite frog lure.

User Info

Waters Fished:
  • Large Rivers
  • Small Creeks
  • Large Lakes
  • Small Ponds
Used:
30+ times

Pros & Cons

Pros:
Durability and Productivity
Cons:
None,, might be the perfect frog
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Get the YakAngler Newsletter!

Keep tabs on all the latest from YakAngler.