Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Kayak Fishing Boondoggle

TOPIC: Delcroix Redfish!!!!!

Delcroix Redfish!!!!! 5 years 8 months ago #1

• Frmundr
  • 10+ Posts!
Had an awesome time at my first Boondoggle!!!! I will definitely go to another met a bunch of great folks!!

My buddy am I fished Sat and Sun around Bayou Lacombe and into the lake with no luck. He caught 1 small speck and I caught 1 small silver trout. I finally just started keping the crabs that were feasting on my live shrimp. Had 10 for lunch that day.

Talked to a young guy Sunday night at the party camper with the Boondoggle sign. We we ere planning on going to Rigolets because I wanted to fish around a bridge structure. No reason other than videos I've seen of people fishing around them. This young guy strongly suggested we go to Delacroix instead. He had been there the day before and he stressed it was "World class Redfishing."

My buddy was already asleep so I surprised him when we got up at 5 am that our 45 minute drive tuned into a 90 minute drive.

IT WAS ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!!!! After a 2 mile paddle into the marshes, Redfish were tailing EVERYWHERE!!!!! We spent about 7 hours fishing that hidden lake. The max depth was 3 feet. We saw 1 or 2 power boats passing thru, but had that huge lake to ourselves all day other than them.

He landed 3 keeper reds and I got blanked. I did hook up to 3 fish but they all got off. I am still exhausted today, but the padle trip was well worth it!! It would have been better had I landed one, but I still had fun. I didn't really have a bug arsenal of lures for reds and they didn't hit on the live shrimp like I was hoping. It's really frustrating to watch them slap the cork with their tail while they chase other food. :yuush: :WTF: I really need to plan another trip down here!!!!!!
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Delcroix Redfish!!!!! 5 years 8 months ago #2

• Neenah, Wisconsin, USA
  • smj190
  • MOD Squad
  • Columbus Day Boondoggle 2015 YakAngler Pro Team2015 YakAngler SupporterAuthorColumbus Day Boondoggle 20132014 YakAngler Supporter Boondoggle Website SupporterYakAngler Mod2013 YakAngler Supporter TravelerAficionadoGreen SkullNovice YakAngler
That's great. Awesome job!
Tight Lines and Smooth Paddling!

Re:Delcroix Redfish!!!!! 5 years 8 months ago #3

• Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
  • marsh_life
  • 2K+ Posts!
  • 2016 YakAngler Supporter2015 YakAngler SupporterYakAngler Pro TeamPhotographer2014 YakAngler Supporter TravelerAficionadoGreen Skull
Awesome!

Delcroix Redfish!!!!! 5 years 8 months ago #4

• Charleston, South Carolina, USA
  • DDOlson
  • 2K+ Posts!
  • 2016 YakAngler SupporterPresidents Day Boondoggle 20162016 YakAngler SupporterPresidents Day Boondoggle 2015Columbus Day Boondoggle 2015 2015 YakAngler SupporterColumbus Day Boondoggle 2014 Presidents Day Boondoggle 2014Columbus Day Boondoggle 20132014 YakAngler Supporter PhotographerBoondoggle Website SupporterAuthorPresidents Day Boondoggle 20132013 YakAngler Supporter YakAngler Pro TeamColumbus Day Boondoggle 2012 Presidents Day Boondoggle 20122012 YakAngler Supporter Columbus Day Boondoggle 20112010 YakAngler Supporter2011 YakAngler SupporterAficionadoGreen SkullSavant YakAngler
Congrats on the reds. I'm really glad that you had a great time at the Boondoggle.

Delcroix Redfish!!!!! 5 years 8 months ago #5

• Saint Marys, GA
  • daiwanut
  • 2K+ Posts!
  • Photographer2013 YakAngler Supporter 2012 YakAngler Supporter 2015 YakAngler SupporterAmbassador Medal2014 YakAngler Supporter ArbiterGreen Skull
That area is awesome for reds! Good Job!

Delcroix Redfish!!!!! 5 years 8 months ago #6

• Pace, Florida, USA
  • FLfishR
  • 1250+ Posts!
  • Columbus Day Boondoggle 2015 2013 YakAngler Supporter 2014 YakAngler Supporter Columbus Day Boondoggle 2013Boondoggle Website SupporterPhotographerAmbassador MedalPathfinderDilettanteGreen Skull
It was good to meet you at Boondoggle. Glad you caught some fish. Good call to move south. :daman: You are hooked now. :lmao:
Hobie Compass 12-Blue
Hobie Outback 12-Dune
Jackson Cruise 12-Amber
Heritage Redfish 12-Yellow
Malibu Mini-X 9-Stone
Carolina Skiff 16

"If Starbucks had kayak parking, it would be filled with Hobies."

Delcroix Redfish!!!!! 5 years 8 months ago #7

• Texas, USA
  • Aggroman
  • MOD Squad
  • 2016 YakAngler SupporterPhotographer2015 YakAngler SupporterLifetime YakAngler SupporterYakAngler Pro TeamYakAngler Mod2014 YakAngler Supporter TravelerReviewerGreen Skull
Awesome! :up:
Scott
Please send rain to the following address...Texas.
2-OK Prowler 13's, Frenzy

Delcroix Redfish!!!!! 5 years 7 months ago #8

• Morgan City, Louisiana, USA
  • ezbraud
  • 800+ Posts!
  • 2016 YakAngler Supporter2015 YakAngler SupporterYakAngler Pro Team2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador Medal2013 YakAngler Supporter SeekerReviewer
Nothing like site fishing reds! Next time, if they're tailing, ditch the cork and either free-line the shrimp, carolina rig, or put on a plastic minnow on a 1/16-1/4 oz jig head! Gold spoons work very well too!
BayouYakin.com
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?