Username: Password: Remember me
Kayak Specific Forum

TOPIC: Vibe Yellowfin 120 vs Kaku Wahoo 12.5, cant decide

Vibe Yellowfin 120 vs Kaku Wahoo 12.5, cant decide 1 year 11 months ago #1

• Buena, NJ
  • Son of Sam
  • -10 Posts!
Hope this is the right forum for this.
I am undecided between 2 boats. Would love some input from those that have 1st hand experience. Im not a hardcore Yak angler. Not particularly fond of fresh water fishing, love saltwater fishing but, not from a yak. So, 75% of the time this will be a rec boat. I want it to paddle well, track straight and glide. Needs to have a raised seat as I am a bigger guy (6-1, #265) and dont like sitting in water. Will use this in streams, lakes/ponds and the occasional back bay. That brings me to the 2 choices, neither of which have a local dealer.

Vibe Yellowfin 120- $799, plenty of capacity and reviews say that it paddles well and fast. Stability is good, has nice seating and some basic tackle storage as well as a couple of cubbies for phone, water. #65 lbs, Colors are OK

Kaku Wahoo 12.5- $999, plenty of capacity and reviews say that it paddles well and fast. Stability is very good, nice seating. Has no storage of any kind #75lbs, awesome orange color.

Im leaning towered the Vibe. Like the storage, lighter weight and although budget isnt really an issue its $200 less.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Son of Sam.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Vibe Yellowfin 120 vs Kaku Wahoo 12.5, cant decide 1 year 11 months ago #2

• Glenmora, La.
  • yak1
  • 10+ Posts!
Glad you posted this! I like the wahoo and the flint are my picks but undecided

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Fisherman of the Lord
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?