(Updated: November 25, 2015)
Overall rating 

Speed 

Stability 

Durability 

Features 

Value 

Hobie Outback

I have owned a few kayak before this one and have nothing but good things to say abouit it. It really can do everything very well.

Speed: Fast for a boat this wide. The Outback paddles and pedals quickly with little effort from spot to spot. Tracking does suffer a little when paddling without the rudder.

Stability: Exccellent. Only the Pro Angler is better. I can fish from any where on this yak, from bow to stern. The first time I went out, I walked around on it. The 2015 model was redisigned and the deck was flattened. I did like i did with all kayaka I am in and tried to purposely flip it. I fell out before I could get it to tip. It has excellent volume in the rockers and you can lean hard without worries.

Value: Great. It comes ready to fish with seat, paddle, mirage, and a few additional goodies, included. This yak should serve me well for years to come.

Durability: Good. I have fished it hard for 13 Months and it only shows little signs of any wear.

Features: Ample. Out of the box the Outback comes ready to fish. No additional modifications are needed. The new CT seat is the bees knees. I can stay out for hours and feel almost no fatigue. The hi, mid, and low seat positions offer additional veratility to this alrerady incredible yak. I did modify the seat to default to the high position. The raised deck height is also great for keeping the cockpit almost completly dry. Storage is more than ample. I can fit every piece of gear and all the rods I own and still have room for more.

I have fished from this yak in many enviroments and have never been left wanting.

Pros & Cons

Pros:
Stable, quick, comfortable seating.
Cons:
None.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Get the YakAngler Newsletter!

Keep tabs on all the latest from YakAngler.