Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Review Detail

Lifeproof Cases
Electronics Reviews
September 30, 2012    
Stars 

Lifeproof for iPhone and iPad

I have had the Fre model for my iPhones for the past 2 years and I love them. I love being able to use my phone while out on the water without worrying about the elements or dropping it overboard (I also have the orange foam floating case). Instead of packing my phone in a dry bag and using a waterproof camera for CPR tournaments, I just use the iPhone.

I also have the Nuud case for my iPad mini and it works just as great. Coupled with the foam float case, it is fantastic. When my 4 (soon to be 5) year old daughter and I go out for some daddy-daughter kayak fishing, it allows me to stay out a little longer than usual. When she gets tired of fishing, she can play some games or work on her "homework".

Two issues that I have noticed with the Fre case:
The case can sometimes muffle the speaker and microphone, making it hard for you to hear or others to hear you.
Also, the gasket can sometimes pop out when removing the phone from the case. I had issues with this on my case for iPhone 4S and 5S. I filled out a warranty claim both times, and both times I received a new replacement case.

User Info

Waters Fished:
  • Large Rivers
  • Small Creeks
  • Large Lakes
  • Small Ponds
  • Salwater Flats
Used:
30+ times

Pros & Cons

Pros:
Waterproof, durable
Cons:
Microphone/speaker muffling, gasket
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Get the YakAngler Newsletter!

Keep tabs on all the latest from YakAngler.