I purchased my Skwoosh Pro Angler Seat almost a year ago (March 2010) from Austin Kayak. It listed then for $135.00, but with some cool discounts I got it for just under $115.00 with shipping. It now lists for $119.00 on the Skwoosh website without shipping or handling.
The reason I decided to do this review was because after using the seat for almost a year in my Cobra Fish’n Dive, I took a new kayak, an OK Trident 13 to the President’s Day Boondoggle to try and it came with a stock seat. It was a difference, well a lack of difference that caught my attention. I’m 6’2” and 240#s, I know my wife says I need to be in better shape, but I don’t have time to workout with all the fishing I want to do. Back to the review: I had been using the Skwoosh seat on my F’nD along with a little self-inflating seat pad that I picked up from BPS. The gel pad just hadn’t been getting the job done. When I used the stock seat the Trident came with, I didn’t use the pad and really didn’t notice any difference.
The Skwoosh Pro angler is a really cool looking seat. I liked the high contrast colors and it is well constructed of durable materials. The seat back height, 17.5 inches, the main reason I bought the seat, does provide good support. After a year, however, the top inch or so is starting to bend back. According to the website info, the fiberglass battens used to support the back are only 16.5 inches tall. I didn’t use the detachable fanny pack, but the attached tube holds a fish grip nicely and there is a loop for some pliers.
Overall, I’m still using the stock seat that came with the Trident. It’s a pricey seat, that in the long run, I didn’t find as comfortable as the advertising claims. From the Skwoosh Website: PRO ANGLER combines the SKWOOSH™ GEL KAYAK SEAT with back support for COMFORTABLE FISHING. The SKWOOSH seat is less than 1" high, maintaining a low center of gravity for better stability, maneuverability and safety while delivering more comfort than thicker, molded seats. The back is just the right height and shape for comfortable casting and easy access to a rear hatch. PRO ANGLER has a built-in rod holder, attached water bottle holder (water bottle not included) and a detachable fanny pack. It sports a hi-visibility color and a reflective cord for added safety. Grommets are conveniently located to attach or hang extra gear and two straps hold small tools within easy reach. On land it converts to a comfortable camp chair. PRO ANGLER is the ultimate in comfort, convenience and safety for the kayak fisherman.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- GENUINE SKWOOSHTM - gel seat with patented TekPad gel®
- REFLECTIVE CORD - for night time safety
- HI-VISIBILITY - color accents visibility for daytime safety
- LOW PROFILE - better stability and performance
- COMFORTABLE - 17½” back rest with adjustable side wings
- NO COLLAPSE - 16½” fiberglass support battens
- 4 ADJUSTABLE - hi-strength attaching straps
- ALL BRASS - corrosion resistant, swivel snap hardware
- CONVERTS - to comfortable camp chair
- DESIGNED - for comfortable casting and maneuverability
- DETACHABLE FANNY PACK - 9”L x 8”H x 3”W
- INSULATED WATER BOTTLE HOLDER (water bottle not included)
- ROD HOLDER - built in for convenience
- 3 GROMMETS - to hang or attach extra gear
- 2 STRAPS - to hold small tools within easy reach
|Condition you got it in||New|
|How many times have you used it?||21-50 trips|
|Rate it! 1-10||7|