Weight distribution on a kayak is vital and the ability to store catch both in front and back of the Bamba is a major benefit.
The deck has ample room for storing a gaff, net, game fish baton, tackle and lures within easy reach. 3 rod holders, 4 dry hatches and a variety of attachment points are standard. The two hatches behind the seat seal to dry/wet compartments. Leave in the plugs at the bottom, and you have two perfectly dry compartments. Take a plug out, and the water from the river/ocean/lake will fill about a third of the compartment, allowing you to keep live bait in there.
The sturdy, easily adjustable footrests are very comfortable to use. The Bamba tracks well without a rudder, and will initially only be offered without the rudder. A rudder option will be available in the near future.
A nifty little slot with bungee cord was added on the left side of the seat for storing the paddle when not needed. No more worrying about a loose paddle when you have your hands full with fish on the line.
Because of the low profile and low centre of gravity, the Bamba handles choppy seas and winds, and gives the paddler a comfortable and very stable ride. Although designed with the specialist fisherman in mind, the Bamba is an excellent all-rounder and can be used for various applications including touring, adventure and bird watching.
- High volume storage & comfortable deck lay-out
- Sealed-off central coffin hatch - 5' 5" x 11" width x 11" deep
- Hatch opening - 16.5" x 11" wide
- In-hull storage for rigged rods
- Hatches for in-hull storage of tackle and gear
- 2 Hatches with scuppers that can be flooded via scuppers for livebait storage
- 2 Rear rod holders and 1 forward bait-up rod holder (space to fit a 3rd rod holder)
- Paddle keepers and molded-in transducer housing
- 6mm screw-in brass threaded secure points for DIY accessories
- Lure & knife stowage either side of the cockpit
- Carrying Capacity - 400 lbs
- Length - 13'
- Width - 31.5"
- Weight - 68 lbs