Here are the features that make the Tandem Island so special:
- A boomless, rollerfurling sail rig similar to the rig on the Hobie Bravo with plenty of sail area for excellent performance, completely manageable from the cockpit with the pull of a line.
- Two retractable amas that fold up against the side of the boat for easy docking, maneuverability, and transport.
- The cockpit is a stable platform, expanded to a tandem, from the Hobie Mirage Adventure Kayak, offering full versatility as a pedaling kayak when conditions are not convenient for sailing.
- The Hobie Mirage Drive allows the boat to be pedaled while under sail, or simply pedaled with the sail furled for versatility not found in any other sailboat.
- The Tandem Island is loaded with additional standard features such as a centerboard; oversized "Twist and Stow" rudder; Mast and Sail Cover; and an Ama/Daggerboard Bag.
- The Tandem Island is offered in two color packages: Golden Papaya and Red Hibiscus. Both options include beautifully colorcoordinated sails.
Length Overall: 18' 6" / 5.64 m
Ama Length: 13' 4" / 4.06 m
Width W/ Amas Out: 10' / 3.05 m
Width W/ Amas Floded in: 4' / 1.22 m
Width (hull only): 30" / 0.76 m
Mast Height: 18' / 5.49 m
Sail Area : 90 sq. ft. / 8.4 m2
MirageDrive Weight x2: 6.6 lbs / 3 kg
Rigged Weight: 190 lbs. / 86.18 kg
Capacity: 600 lbs. / 272 kg (More info on load distribution)
Two MirageDrives with Turbo Fins
Two highback Mirage seats with selfinflating lumbar supports
Roller furling mainsail
Two piece carbon fiber mast
Two color coordinated amas
Easily retractable and removable amas
Snaprelease akas and carry bag
Fullyretractable, builtin, kickup center board
Large TwistnStow rudder
Two 2piece paddles with on hull storage
All lines and hardware plus Harken Blocks
Dual steering tillers in front and rear cockpits that are tillerextension ready
Dual rudder retract and deploy controls for front and rear cockpits
Dual sheeting controls for front and rear cockpit sail control
Two moldedin rod holders
Rear cargo compartment with Bungee® tiedowns
Large Rear cargo compartment that accommodates Hobie Livewell
Large covered bow hatch
Three 8” TwistnSeal 8” hatches
Four mesh stowage pockets
Four cup / bottle holders
Basic Hobie Features Video
Plugin Kayak Cart
Hobie eVolve Electric Motor Kit
Aka Trampoline Kit
For more information please visit www.hobiecat.com