We have gone through over 1,000 nominations, and are now ready for the first round of the 2015 Kayak Angler’s Choice Awards. This is your chance to pick the kayak anglers and kayak fishing products you think are the best. We added a new category this year - Kayak Fishing Photo of the Year - and are excited about many of the submissions.
Here’s how the nominations in each category were managed and vetted for Round 1.
1) Angler – all anglers with more than one nomination were included.
2) Kayak – every kayak with more than three nominations was included.
3) Paddle – all nominations were included
4) Forum – any forum with more than one nomination was included.
5) Magazines – every print or digital magazine nominated was included.
6) New Product – nominated products released in 2015 were included.
7) Retailer – every retailer with more than one nomination was included.
8) Location – all locations with more than nomination were included.
9) Video – nominated videos released in 2015 were included.
10) Photo – all nominations were included.
11) Blog – nominated blogs with at least nine posts through September were included.
In the first round, the top 50% of vote-getters in each category will advance to the next round, with the exception of the “Anglers” category. The top fifty anglers will advance to Round Twp, and the top five of each category will advance to the final round of voting.
There will be three rounds of voting:
Round 1: 12am EST Monday Sept. 21 - 8pm EST Sunday Sept. 27
Round 2: 12am EST Monday Sept. 28 - 8pm EST Sunday Oct. 4
Round 3: 12am EST Monday Oct. 5 - 8pm EST Sunday Oct. 11
Results will be announced on October 19. At this point, it’s all up to you! Please review the categories and cast your votes in each round as we progress through the process.
Visit: www.yakangler.com/choice to vote!