We’ve had great conversations with many of you about ways to address some perceived issues with the KACA nomination and voting processes. We’ve taken your input to heart – every nomination this year has been reviewed.
Here’s how the nominations in each category were managed and vetted for Round 1.
1) Angler – all nominations were included.
2) Kayak – every kayak with more than three nominations was included.
3) Paddle – all nominations were included
4) Forum – any forum with more than one nomination was included.
5) Magazines – every print or digital magazine nominated was included.
6) New Product – nominated products released in 2014 were included.
7) Retailer – every retailer with more than one nomination was included.
8) Location – all nominations were included.
9) Video – nominated videos released in 2014 were included.
10) Blog – nominated blogs with at least nine posts through September were included.
In the first round, the top 50% of vote-getters in each category will advance to the next round, with the exception of the “Anglers” category. Of the 160 anglers nominated, the top fifty will advance to Round 2, and the top five of each category will advance to the final round of voting.
There will be three rounds of voting:
Round 1: 12am EST Monday Oct. 27 - 8pm EST Sunday Nov 2
Round 2: 12am EST Monday Nov 3 - 8pm EST Sunday Nov 9
Round 3: 12am EST Monday Nov 10 - 8pm EST Sunday Nov 16
Results will be announced on November 24. At this point, it’s all up to you! Please review the categories and cast your votes in each round as we progress through the process.
Visit: www.yakangler.com/choice to vote!