Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Wisconsin Kayak Fishing Forum

TOPIC: 2019 Canoeicopia

2019 Canoeicopia 2 months 2 weeks ago #1

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
Anyone else headed to the show this weekend? I wanted to try on some dry gear at this year show. I see where they will have Level Six, NRS and Stohlquist there, but NO KOKATAT. Wish that they had Kokatat suit there.

I'll be at the cold weather kayak gear seminar this morning - trying to further my skill set for the early season battle.

If you get a chance to go, it should be great.

www.canoecopia.com/canoecopia/page.asp?pgid=1001

Canoecopia is the largest paddlesports consumer event in the world. More than 250,000 square feet of kayaks, canoes, stand up paddleboards, outdoor equipment and clothing, all at the best prices of the season, make Canoecopia a "must go" place for gear!
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2019 Canoeicopia 2 months 2 weeks ago #2

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
Quick follow up after the show, never saw Level Six stuff. Mustang survival gear was there. For a guy who has never tried on a dry suit, the first experience was crazy claustrophobic and hot. I think a breathable fabric, Gore-tex or similar would be a requirement for me. I see that there will be a learning curve to wearing one, it's NOT like putting on a dress shirt and pants.

The sizes seemed weird to me too. NRS stuff was 20% off but nothing in my size so a 4 to 6 week wait time would be required. I ordered nothing at the show since I need a suit in a couple of weeks.
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?