Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Anyone in Tidewater?

Anyone in Tidewater? 5 years 2 months ago #1

• Missyify
  • 50+ Posts!
I'm not familiar with where to go kayak fishing. I keep going to the same lake, but I want to try other areas. Any suggestions for a beginner, both to kayaking and kayak fishing? Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anyone in Tidewater? 5 years 2 months ago #2

Tidewater Stafford Va
Unable to display Google Map.

I am a newbee also and this is a nice place and easy to launch from

www.google.com/search?q=ruffins+pond+fredericksburg+va&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS673US673&biw=1867&bih=942&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiFu5WL3rfOAhXMtRQKHcuQDWEQ_AUIBygA&dpr=0.9
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by FREDERICKSBURGVAYAKER.

Re:Anyone in Tidewater? 5 years 2 months ago #3

• Missyify
  • 50+ Posts!
FREDERICKSBURGVAYAKER wrote:
Tidewater Stafford Va
Unable to display Google Map.

I am a newbee also and this is a nice place and easy to launch from

www.google.com/search?q=ruffins+pond+fredericksburg+va&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS673US673&biw=1867&bih=942&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiFu5WL3rfOAhXMtRQKHcuQDWEQ_AUIBygA&dpr=0.9
Fredericksburg would be a little far for everyday stuff, but I would like to do some traveling, get some camping and kayaking to test new waters. :)

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Anyone in Tidewater? 5 years 2 months ago #4

• Manassas, Virginia, USA
  • FishAholic929
  • 1250+ Posts!
  • Columbus Day Boondoggle 2015 Columbus Day Boondoggle 2014 Columbus Day Boondoggle 2013Boondoggle Website SupporterAmbassador Medal2013 YakAngler Supporter SeekerCrack YakAngler
Lots of good places down in Tidewater. Just be careful of bridges and tides, they can rip through a lot of those areas pretty quick.
Jeff
Life's Short, Fish Hard
Orange OK Frenzy, Lime Camo Old Town Predator 13, Tan Diablo Adios, Orange Peception Pescador Sport 10, Lime Perception Pescador Sport 10

Anyone in Tidewater? 5 years 1 month ago #5

• Suffolk, VA
  • pdlrob11
  • -10 Posts!
You can't drive 10 minutes without finding a place to launch in Tidewater.
In Virginia Beach a great place is at Owls Creek (at the Marine Science Museum) on General Booth. Rudee Inlet is easy to launch from. There are many freshwater places, such as Lake Wright. If you're adventurous, you can launch at the base of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, but you'll want to go with someone experienced so you don't get overwhelmed and in danger.
In Norfolk, there are boat launches throughout the city - check their parks and rec website. Actually that's good advice for all of the local cities. Suffolk has some really great launches, my favorite is Sleepy Hole - a top notch launch but a bit of a long walk.
My personal favorite is at the Green Mile pier in Hampton. It is a very short walk and you have some really quick access to some really productive water for catching numbers of fish although they may not be the biggest fish.

Re:Anyone in Tidewater? 5 years 1 month ago #6

• Missyify
  • 50+ Posts!
pdlrob11 wrote:
You can't drive 10 minutes without finding a place to launch in Tidewater.
In Virginia Beach a great place is at Owls Creek (at the Marine Science Museum) on General Booth. Rudee Inlet is easy to launch from. There are many freshwater places, such as Lake Wright. If you're adventurous, you can launch at the base of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, but you'll want to go with someone experienced so you don't get overwhelmed and in danger.
In Norfolk, there are boat launches throughout the city - check their parks and rec website. Actually that's good advice for all of the local cities. Suffolk has some really great launches, my favorite is Sleepy Hole - a top notch launch but a bit of a long walk.
My personal favorite is at the Green Mile pier in Hampton. It is a very short walk and you have some really quick access to some really productive water for catching numbers of fish although they may not be the biggest fish.
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who's experienced so I'm trying to get comfortable with easier spots. I'd like to try the Chesapeake Bay one of these days but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. The most current I've dealt with was the James River by chippokes which wasn't bad at all.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Anyone in Tidewater? 4 years 9 months ago #7

• detectr
  • -10 Posts!
Virginia Beach mostly freshwater

Anyone in Tidewater? 4 years 9 months ago #8

• Charleston, South Carolina, USA
  • DDOlson
  • 2K+ Posts!
  • 2016 YakAngler SupporterPresidents Day Boondoggle 20162016 YakAngler SupporterColumbus Day Boondoggle 2015 Presidents Day Boondoggle 20152015 YakAngler SupporterColumbus Day Boondoggle 2014 Presidents Day Boondoggle 2014Columbus Day Boondoggle 20132014 YakAngler Supporter PhotographerBoondoggle Website SupporterAuthorPresidents Day Boondoggle 20132013 YakAngler Supporter YakAngler Pro TeamColumbus Day Boondoggle 2012 Presidents Day Boondoggle 20122012 YakAngler Supporter Columbus Day Boondoggle 20112010 YakAngler Supporter2011 YakAngler SupporterAficionadoGreen SkullSavant YakAngler
Welcome to yak angler...

Anyone in Tidewater? 4 years 6 months ago #9

• Yakfeesh
  • -10 Posts!
Missyify wrote:
I'm not familiar with where to go kayak fishing. I keep going to the same lake, but I want to try other areas. Any suggestions for a beginner, both to kayaking and kayak fishing? Thanks.

I fish out of VA Beach every week, and I try to fish many different spots. Where are you fishing now to get an idea of where to point you to? I am open to guide you wherever if you need help. I've been actively looking for fishing partners. Shoot me a text if you'd like 7576720215. I mainly fish salt these days because I don't know a lot of bass spots, maybe we can collaberate.

Cory
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Yakfeesh.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?