Username: Password: Remember me
Tennessee Kayak Fishing Forum
  • Page:

TOPIC: Clarksville?

Clarksville? 3 years 8 months ago #1

• Clarksville, TN
  • menace
  • 50+ Posts!
I'll be moving to the clarksville area in june, and right after I get a house kayak is net on the list of things I need to buy. Any yak anglers out that way? it would be nice to have someone to fish with and show me the ropes of kayak fishing.
Anything worth doing is worth over doing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Clarksville? 3 years 8 months ago #2

• Ridgecrest, California, USA
  • Kayak_angler
  • 1250+ Posts!
  • 2015 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalColumbus Day Boondoggle 2014 TravelerReviewer
I'm jealous, I wish I could get in that area. I'm originally from Paducah, KY just a little drive north on I-24 from Clarksville. I live in California now but have been looking for possible jobs back in the TN and KY areas to get closer to home and family. There are some yak anglers on here from that area so I'm sure they will chime in soon.
Save the earth. It's the only planet with kayaks, fish & chocolate!!!

2015 Jackson Coosa HD

Clarksville? 3 years 8 months ago #3

• Eastern Tennessee
  • Dmax
  • 50+ Posts!
Go VOLS!!!!!!!
'15 Jackson Cuda 14

Clarksville? 3 years 8 months ago #4

• Killeen, TX
  • gssterl
  • 250+ Posts!
  • 2014 YakAngler Supporter 2015 YakAngler SupporterYakAngler Pro TeamAficionado
I'm not there any more, but the kayak fishing opportunities are great. Cumberland river is readily accessible and land between the lakes is 30 mins away.

Clarksville? 3 years 8 months ago #5

• Clarksville, TN
  • menace
  • 50+ Posts!
gssterl wrote:
I'm not there any more, but the kayak fishing opportunities are great. Cumberland river is readily accessible and land between the lakes is 30 mins away.

Oh yeah I have been looking at LBL since I found out I was moving to the area. I am buying my dads pontoon boat so as soon as I figure out how to get that sucker from Delaware to Tennessee I plan on taking some weekend trips out there. Also I have been eyeballing dale hollow lake and lake cumberland for some long weekend camping/fishing trips with that pontoon boat.

Clarksville? 3 years 8 months ago #6

• Smyrna, TN and Panama City Beach, FL
  • MidTNJasonF
  • 50+ Posts!
Many great waterways in the area. In addition to the ones already mentioned (Dale Hollow, Lake Barkley, Kentucky Lake, Lake Cumberland) there is also Center Hill which is very nice in my opinion. There are plenty of great streams/rivers to try as well (Cumberland, Tennessee, Harpeth, Duck, Stones, Caney Fork).

I am southeast of Nashville so not terribly close to Clarksville but it is not so far that I can't hit some of the same water with a short drive.

If you are down and setup by July you can always come out to the Tennessee Boondoggle for some camping and kayak fishing fun. www.facebook.com/events/219275745077664/

Salt Lick Creek Campgrounds on the Cumberland River in Gainsboro Tennessee. July 39th - 31st.
I know there is plans for some activities including a probably potluck dinner on Saturday night. Right now there are at least 30 attending and many more interested. Links to the campground for site booking are on the event page.
Wilderness Systems Commander 140
The following user(s) said Thank You: menace

Clarksville? 3 years 8 months ago #7

• Clarksville, TN
  • menace
  • 50+ Posts!
MidTNJasonF wrote:
Many great waterways in the area. In addition to the ones already mentioned (Dale Hollow, Lake Barkley, Kentucky Lake, Lake Cumberland) there is also Center Hill which is very nice in my opinion. There are plenty of great streams/rivers to try as well (Cumberland, Tennessee, Harpeth, Duck, Stones, Caney Fork).

I am southeast of Nashville so not terribly close to Clarksville but it is not so far that I can't hit some of the same water with a short drive.

If you are down and setup by July you can always come out to the Tennessee Boondoggle for some camping and kayak fishing fun. www.facebook.com/events/219275745077664/

Salt Lick Creek Campgrounds on the Cumberland River in Gainsboro Tennessee. July 39th - 31st.
I know there is plans for some activities including a probably potluck dinner on Saturday night. Right now there are at least 30 attending and many more interested. Links to the campground for site booking are on the event page.

Well that actually sounds really awesome. I will see if I can get myself all squared away by then. if not set up with a boat yet maybe I'll try to come out just to camp and find a spot on the bank somewhere to just sit in a chair, drink beer and drown some minnows.

Clarksville? 3 years 8 months ago #8

• TNAngler21
  • -10 Posts!
I currently reside in Clarksville and there are endless opportunities for yak fishing out here. A lot of good fishing right off the Cumberland and up the red river. Myself and a couple buddies fish LBL and the surrounding lakes a bit but are planning to do a walleye trip out to old hickory and do some camping. Even with the cold weather we have been pulling in drum and largemouth's right off the Cumberland.
The following user(s) said Thank You: menace

Clarksville? 3 years 8 months ago #9

• Clarksville, TN
  • menace
  • 50+ Posts!
with the fishing for that area whats your recommendation for a kyak? Ive been looking pretty hard at the jackson cuda 12 the last few days.

Clarksville? 3 years 7 months ago #10

• Old Hickory, TN
  • MidTNKayakAngler
  • 250+ Posts!
  • Ambassador Medal
There is an active scene in that area on Facebook called North-Middle TN Kayaking Group, there are about 6 or so guys that post up when and where they are fishing and give out open invites. 3 t0 4 of those guys regularly fish our tournament series.
  • Page:
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?