Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: OKIE looking for fellow yakers/anglers

OKIE looking for fellow yakers/anglers 6 years 4 months ago #1

I live in the south OKC metro area and mainly fish thunderbird and Little River. I Like to limb line, jug, and trot line as well as fish for bass and crappie. This is my 2nd season of kayak fishing and I'm currently in the final stages of rigging my 2nd yak up for night fishing. Feel free to respond here or PM me if you want to go out fishing sometime or just paddling up the river!
- Ryan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

OKIE looking for fellow yakers/anglers 6 years 4 months ago #2

• Fort Pierce, Florida, USA
  • wildrover
  • 500+ Posts!
  • Lifetime YakAngler SupporterColumbus Day Boondoggle 2014 Presidents Day Boondoggle 20142014 YakAngler Supporter Boondoggle Website SupporterAmbassador Medal2013 YakAngler Supporter Traveler
:welcome:

Not in your neighborhood, but wanted to welcome you and invite you to come back often.
Wildrover
Wilderness Ride 115
Pro Angler 14
Retired and lovin every minute of it!

OKIE looking for fellow yakers/anglers 6 years 4 months ago #3

• Texas, USA
  • Aggroman
  • MOD Squad
  • 2016 YakAngler SupporterPhotographer2015 YakAngler SupporterLifetime YakAngler SupporterYakAngler Pro TeamYakAngler Mod2014 YakAngler Supporter TravelerReviewerGreen Skull
Welcome to the forum! :up: We have just recently started regional forums, so things are a bit small, but they're growing. I linked your original post in the Water Cooler to this here in Oklahoma Regional section, so hopefully you'll get more responses from fellas in your area. Post up some of your adventures! :up:

Scott
Scott
Please send rain to the following address...Texas.
2-OK Prowler 13's, Frenzy

The following user(s) said Thank You: lifesaver3123

OKIE looking for fellow yakers/anglers 6 years 4 months ago #4

• Neenah, Wisconsin, USA
  • smj190
  • MOD Squad
  • Columbus Day Boondoggle 2015 YakAngler Pro Team2015 YakAngler SupporterAuthorColumbus Day Boondoggle 20132014 YakAngler Supporter Boondoggle Website SupporterYakAngler Mod2013 YakAngler Supporter TravelerAficionadoGreen SkullNovice YakAngler
Welcome! There are one lets other folks on here from your area I believe.
Tight Lines and Smooth Paddling!

Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by smj190.

OKIE looking for fellow yakers/anglers 6 years 4 months ago #5

• Chickasha, Oklahoma, USA
  • CalebH
  • 10+ Posts!
HEY! Fellow OKIE here hoping to get another fishing buddy! my friend and I have been doing quite a few kayak fishing trips around the state and are always welcome to adding another partner to our fishing crew! We actually just finished a trip to lake Canton over Memorial weekend and had a blast! Pm me to get in touch! I'm always down with some night fishing!

OKIE looking for fellow yakers/anglers 6 years 4 months ago #6

• mad fisherman
  • 10+ Posts!
I live in southeastern oklahoma ,about 5 miles from lake Hugo. I have a Hobie pro angler 14 and looking for other kayak fisherman. I live about 17 miles from Pine Creek Lake,19 miles From Raymond Gary lake,and 50 miles from Broken Bow lake. If you are fishing anywhere close ,give me a shout. Sometime this summer I would like to fish Chimney Rock lake,which is 700 and something acres and does not allow swimming or any gas engines ,only canoes,kayaks,and small boats with a trolling motor's.

OKIE looking for fellow yakers/anglers 6 years 4 months ago #7

• dirtrider73068
  • 50+ Posts!
I live in Norman, and am looking at getting into yak fishing, I have a couple boats I am looking at, one is at basspro, the others are at a place in okc called OKC kayak. What model yak do you have? The OKC kayak is having a demo day this Sunday if weather holds out.

OKIE looking for fellow yakers/anglers 6 years 4 months ago #8

• mad fisherman
  • 10+ Posts!
I have a Hobie pro angler 14. Do you ever get down to southeastern Oklahoma.

OKIE looking for fellow yakers/anglers 6 years 4 months ago #9

• dirtrider73068
  • 50+ Posts!
What part of SE Oklahoma? I live in Norman about a 30 min drive south of OKC.

OKIE looking for fellow yakers/anglers 6 years 4 months ago #10

I have two yaks, one 'Old Town Angler 10' and one 'F&S Eagle Talon 12' (Neither are "TOP OF THE LINE" by any any standards). I bought the first one from Ryan at OKC Kayak, he and his staff are awesome! (And no, I'm not him lol) The second one I bought from Dick's sporting goods (bc they were having a killer sale and I had about $100 worth of their coupons). I gotta say that I like the 12 footer a lot better. I don't know if it's the brand, or just the length, but it's more comfortable and it tracks a whole lot better! I personally think BassPro is over priced on their kayaks. Wherever you decide to buy from, a couple great places for gear and rigging equipment is Hook1 and ACK.com.
Also, you should definitely check out the Demo Day with OKC Kayak. I bought my kayaks from sheer 'research,' but now, I (and everyone else on this forum will agree) would go paddle my little heart's content until I found the EXACT 'Yak i was looking for.
OKC Kayak's prices are good and their customer support/service is even better.
Give me a shout anytime if I can help in any way, I live in Moore!
PM me if you want my number or anything and maybe I can show you some different stuff.
Happy 'Yaking! :welcome:
yak-nolights.JPG

yak-withlights.JPG
- Ryan
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?