Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
North Carolina Kayak Fishing Forum

TOPIC: Any Cherokee County anglers out there?

Any Cherokee County anglers out there? 5 years 2 months ago #1

• New Smyrna Beach, Florida, USA
  • one more cast
  • 800+ Posts!
  • Columbus Day Boondoggle 2014 2013 YA Spot Tail Tournament WinnerColumbus Day Boondoggle 2013PhotographerAmbassador Medal2013 YakAngler Supporter Traveler
I'm heading home for a few days, and I always fish when I'm home. I started wondering if there are any forum members from Cherokee county, or the surrounding area!
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
-John Buchan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Any Cherokee County anglers out there? 5 years 2 months ago #2

• KentuckyCoosa
  • 10+ Posts!
I'm not from North Carolina but I was doing some biological consulting work in Cherokee county (Murphy, N.C.) a few weeks ago so ill try to point you in the right direction. Unfortunately while I was there I didn't have my kayak with me but I did get to fish on the Hiwassee River and it was pretty nice. There are plenty of good size smallies and trout in there. Another place that was recommended to me was the Nantahala River, I ran out of time before I was able to fish it so I don't have any information on it other than it supposed to be a nice river to kayak and fish. Hope this little bit of information helps. Have fun, it's a beautiful area.

Any Cherokee County anglers out there? 5 years 2 months ago #3

• KentuckyCoosa
  • 10+ Posts!
You might also want to check out the Nantahala lake, supposed to be a nice place to fish.

Any Cherokee County anglers out there? 5 years 2 months ago #4

• New Smyrna Beach, Florida, USA
  • one more cast
  • 800+ Posts!
  • Columbus Day Boondoggle 2014 2013 YA Spot Tail Tournament WinnerColumbus Day Boondoggle 2013PhotographerAmbassador Medal2013 YakAngler Supporter Traveler
I appreciate the info, I actually know the area decently well. I lived in Murphy for a few years. I'm going home to visit, and was curious if anyone from there was on here. If you ever go back, the nantahala is a solid trout fishery!
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
-John Buchan

Any Cherokee County anglers out there? 5 years 2 months ago #5

• KentuckyCoosa
  • 10+ Posts!
Sorry about that I glanced over the part about you going home. I enjoyed working in Murphy, Chevelles was the place to be on their wing night. The locals were awesome, I think ill be back in that area next year so ill definitely check out the Nantahala.
The following user(s) said Thank You: one more cast
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?