Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tag Louisiana Program

Tag Louisiana Program 5 years 3 months ago #1

• Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
  • marsh_life
  • 2K+ Posts!
  • 2016 YakAngler Supporter2015 YakAngler SupporterYakAngler Pro TeamPhotographer2014 YakAngler Supporter TravelerAficionadoGreen Skull
Thought I would share a portion of my article about the Tag Louisiana program for any of those interested in fish tagging.

Fish Tagging - Tag Louisiana Program

As many of you know I am active in the Tag Louisiana program. This past week two specs I previously tagged were recaptured. I had the privilege of receiving two recapture reports in one week! When I published this on social media, it sparked questions about the program. There are still many people living in Louisiana that are unaware of the program or have heard of it but have limited knowledge. I decided to take this opportunity to help get the word out and offer a few tips that have helped me along the way. I will also throw in a few opinions.

The easiest way to get involved and to get all the information you need is to go to the Tag Louisiana website: www.taglouisiana.com The website will allow you to register, order your tags and applicator. It also provides all the information on how to tag fish (complete with videos and diagrams) and the information you will need to collect. Whatever your question, this is the first and best source of information. You can also open an account on the website which will allow you to log all of your captures directly via internet. There are other ways in which you can log or send the information but, in my opinion, this is the best way. Not only is it great to log the fish you have tagged but it also becomes a personal database of fish patterns for future use. It comes complete with a map where pins are dropped to mark captures and a note section, all of which can be beneficial to an angler for reference. Oh, did I mention this program is all free!

Now I would like to offer some tips on tagging fish... (For Complete Article)
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by marsh_life.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smj190

Tag Louisiana Program 4 years 5 months ago #2

• , ,
  • Dschouest
  • 50+ Posts!
  • Ambassador MedalPresidents Day Boondoggle 2013YakAngler Mod
Necro post I know, but I'd like to weigh in. I have been a part of the program for three years. I have tagged 80 fish, and I have enjoyed every second of it. It is a mad dash to get the tag in the fish and get it back in the water, get your information recorded, etc. And it is a crazy feeling when you finally get that letter in the mail that a fish you tagged got recaptured. It is a great program and I encourage everyone to jump on board with it
Member of Hook1 Team
Member of Columbia Pro Team
Member of Team Filthy Anglers
Member of SaltLife Optics Team
www.youtube.com/user/heavymetalfishingla -My YouTube channel!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marsh_life
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?