Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Kentucky Kayak Fishing Forum

TOPIC: wounderful day on elkhorn creek

wounderful day on elkhorn creek 3 years 3 months ago #1

• springfield ky
  • the ol man
  • 10+ Posts!
my first time on elkhorn today, what a nice creek, did not fish today but I will b back, just went on the 12 mile float trip with my son today the water was clear and we seen lots of fish and lots of fisherman and recreational paddlers as well, the water is swift there we made the trip in 4 hours with one stop to eat a snack and drink, we seen lots of bass lots of very big carp and one garr about 4 feet long, you will drag the bottom in many places but nothing you cant handle, I learned a new trick today that worked very good for me, when I got stuck on a riffle I would pull my 2 piece paddle apart and use one piece in each hand and put on the bottom on each side of my kayak and push myself along like a snow skier would push his self along, it got me going a few times and seemed better than steping out of the yak each time,if your paddle is a 2 piece you can give it a try sometime, if its a one piece it wont work for you, well I'm starting 2 ramble on a bit now so il go I just wanted 2 share my good day with you on a very nice creek the best one iv been on yet. catch-u-latter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

wounderful day on elkhorn creek 3 years 3 months ago #2

• Kentucky
  • John88
  • 10+ Posts!
I waded part of Elkhorn Sunday morning. I was in the water at 6 am and caught fish consistently until 11. No monsters but a few in the 15 inch range which is fun. Honestly we could use a little rain. The creek is a little low, but not to the point where fish are stressed.

I basically grew up in a canoe on the North fork and have fished the main stem and South fork since I was old enough to drive.

It is a great creek for fishing or just messing around in on a hot day.

wounderful day on elkhorn creek 3 years 3 months ago #3

• springfield ky
  • the ol man
  • 10+ Posts!
I was the ol man wearing the bibs with the rail road hat, do you remember seing me :lmao:

wounderful day on elkhorn creek 3 years 3 months ago #4

• Kentucky
  • John88
  • 10+ Posts!
the ol man wrote:
I was the ol man wearing the bibs with the rail road hat, do you remember seing me :lmao:

Sorry I missed that. I didn't see anyone all morning. I wasn't on the main stem though. Just deer, cows, birds and fish where I was. Occasionally an otter is in the area.

Re:wounderful day on elkhorn creek 3 years 3 months ago #5

• Neenah, Wisconsin, USA
  • smj190
  • MOD Squad
  • Columbus Day Boondoggle 2015 YakAngler Pro Team2015 YakAngler SupporterAuthorColumbus Day Boondoggle 20132014 YakAngler Supporter Boondoggle Website SupporterYakAngler Mod2013 YakAngler Supporter TravelerAficionadoGreen SkullNovice YakAngler
Nice! It's a great Creek!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tight Lines and Smooth Paddling!

Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?