Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Kentucky Kayak Fishing Forum

TOPIC: Tips for Elkhorn Creek?

Tips for Elkhorn Creek? 3 years 4 months ago #1

• adblouky
  • -10 Posts!
I'd like to check it out sometime in the next few weeks. I usually go solo so any trip would have to be out and back or with a shuttle. any thoughts? Anyone ever use Still Water Campground? It looks like you could just do one big loop there. I also will be fly fishing, for what little that is worth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tips for Elkhorn Creek? 3 years 4 months ago #2

• springfield ky
  • the ol man
  • 10+ Posts!
I have never ben there but my son went there about 1 month ago, not shure where he put in but he said it was about a 12 mile trip and he took out about 2 or 3 miles from where it dumps into ky river in Frankfort there is a place up there that sells kayaks and they have a shuttle service, it is free if you buy a yak from them, its a small fee if you don't, he said it was a good trip and he barley drug bottom in one place good luck and good paddeling

Re:Tips for Elkhorn Creek? 3 years 4 months ago #3

• Bardstown, Kentucky, USA
  • CentKyPaddler
  • 250+ Posts!
  • Ambassador Medal
I always enjoy the Elkhorn. It's one of Kentucky's nicer rivers both in beauty and fishing. When I go we usually drop in at the American White Water spot next to Knight's Bridge and get out at Stillwaters Campground ramp. It is a all day trip if you fish along the way. We always shuttle ourselves but if you check out Canoe Ky website they can shuttle you to different spots and have more details about those trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Native Slayer Propel 13
Native Ultimate FX 15 Tandem

Tips for Elkhorn Creek? 3 years 4 months ago #4

• Kentucky
  • John88
  • 10+ Posts!
I'm on Elkhorn a lot. If you put in at still waters and paddle up there's some decent holes. I've made that trip twice this year. $3 to use the ramp. Pay the old man at the house/office before you turn into the campground. There's also some public access points you can put in at and of course the American whitewater access point at knights bridge. Canoe kentucky runs shuttles on the creek. I think they charge 20$??. Great bunch of folks there. If your throwing flys throw anything that looks like a crawdad. I actually use my 7 wt on the creek because it chucks big terrestrials and crawdads better than my 3 wt or 5 wt.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?