Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Kentucky Kayak Fishing Forum

TOPIC: Anyone near Daviees county?

Anyone near Daviees county? 4 years 4 months ago #1

• All over
  • Samthetramp
  • 50+ Posts!
Hey I'm in Daviess co and was wondering if there are any other yak fisherman in my area.
Life without risk is merely existing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anyone near Daviees county? 4 years 4 months ago #2

• Central, Kentucky
  • Chilly
  • 50+ Posts!
I'm from Nelson Co KY
2015 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Reaper

Can't catch'em from the couch!

Anyone near Daviees county? 4 years 4 months ago #3

• Kentucky
  • Algebrajim
  • 10+ Posts!
  • 2016 YakAngler Supporter
I'm from Daviess County. Got my yak last fall. You are gonna love it! I fish mostly farm ponds, and when I get a chance, coastal areas in Louisiana (where I am from) and Florida ( where we vacay and visit one of my sons). Have been to Carpenter a couple of times. How about yourself?
"He is no fool who gives up that which he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliott

Re:Anyone near Daviees county? 4 years 4 months ago #4

• Georgetown, Kentucky, USA
  • Pam
  • 800+ Posts!
  • 2015 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter 2013 YakAngler Supporter YakAngler Pro Team2012 YakAngler Supporter AuthorPresidents Day Boondoggle Jax 20112010 YakAngler Supporter2011 YakAngler Supporter
Samthetramp wrote:
Hey I'm in Daviess co and was wondering if there are any other yak fisherman in my area.
I live in Georgetown (by Lexington), but I'm from Hartford and my folks still live there so I'm always dragging my yak down that way. Maybe you'd want to get together and fish Peabody some? Or perhaps you have some honey holes of your own?! I'll be coming down over the next 3 or 4 weeks and could let you know as soon as I figure out when If you think you might want to get something together. I have all my gear ready, even including camping if needed. Just let me know and I can shoot ya some dates to pick from. ~~ Pam :cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Pam.

Anyone near Daviees county? 4 years 4 months ago #5

• All over
  • Samthetramp
  • 50+ Posts!
Algebrajim wrote:
I'm from Daviess County. Got my yak last fall. You are gonna love it! I fish mostly farm ponds, and when I get a chance, coastal areas in Louisiana (where I am from) and Florida ( where we vacay and visit one of my sons). Have been to Carpenter a couple of times. How about yourself?

I'm out in Maceo myself. Have only fished Carpenters lake in it mostly because it's close and I just got the yak 1 month ago. I haven't had much luck on it with artificials. I work mostly in Illinois but maybe we can hook up sometime and fish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Algebrajim

Re:Anyone near Daviees county? 4 years 4 months ago #6

• All over
  • Samthetramp
  • 50+ Posts!
Pam i appreciate the offer but my non fishing wife would get mad so I have to decline. Thanks though.

Anyone near Daviees county? 4 years 4 months ago #7

• Kentucky
  • Algebrajim
  • 10+ Posts!
  • 2016 YakAngler Supporter
Samthetramp wrote:
Algebrajim wrote:

I'm out in Maceo myself. Have only fished Carpenters lake in it mostly because it's close and I just got the yak 1 month ago. I haven't had much luck on it with artificials. I work mostly in Illinois but maybe we can hook up sometime and fish.

Sounds good. Glad to meet you and hope we can make it happen soon! My best success on Carpenter has been plastics worms. I teach, being off during the summer except for tutoring, so I'm pretty flex on the time/day.
"He is no fool who gives up that which he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliott
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Algebrajim.

Anyone near Daviees county? 3 years 10 months ago #8

• Daviess County, KY
  • Sea_Ghost
  • -10 Posts!
I fish pretty regular in the area on short day trips. Peabody, Carpenters, and Clover Creek. Not much place else to go around here. Spend a lot of time on Dale Hollow Lake.
Tornadoes, Hurricanes and Yaks but not necessarily in any give order.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?