Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Decent source for used kayaks

Decent source for used kayaks 7 months 4 weeks ago #1

• Bozeman, Montana
  • mikemac1
  • 10+ Posts!
  • TravelerDilettante
A year ago I was looking to replace my 10 year old Native Ultimate 12 Tegris boat. The bottom was worn out after ten years of river work in SW Montana. Finding another Tegris was a challenge but I stumbled on to one from Alder Creek Kayaks in Portland, OR and acquired it for an outstandingly low price. They maintain a stable of used boats and take consignments so I guess their inventory changes on a regular basis. They were extremely helpful in shipping the boat to Montana at a reasonable price. Just wanted to pass on a potential source folks looking for a used boat.
Strategy without Tactics is a slow route to victory, Tactics without Strategy is the noise before defeat--Sun Tzu

2008 Native Ultimate 12 Tegris (2)
2016 Eddyline Carribean 12 Angler
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Decent source for used kayaks 7 months 4 weeks ago #2

• , ,
  • krash
  • 500+ Posts!
  • Ambassador Medal
Thanks for posting.. always good to find good intel...

Stumbling across a Tegris model is a rare find.. I have an Elite (hybrid fiberglass U12), was looking for an Elite or Tegris for 3 years when I stumbled across the Elite...

Found it at an outfitter called Estero River Outfitters in SW Florida area.. don;t know if they ship but they have a crap load of old, used, and new kayaks. It was taken as a trade-in, family owned and operated for 30+ years on the Estaro River, Sales, Rentals, and Bait Shop.
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by krash.

Decent source for used kayaks 7 months 3 weeks ago #3

• Auburn, Nebraska, USA
  • Kayakjak
  • 800+ Posts!
  • 2014 YakAngler Supporter Author2013 YakAngler Supporter YakAngler Pro Team2012 YakAngler Supporter DilettanteGreen SkullProficient YakAngler
I started a Kayak/Buy/Sell/Trade Facebook page a few years ago and it has blossomed to more than 23,000 members. There are used kayaks posted daily there and at some pretty good prices. They are nationwide. :)
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?