Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Had to be the first!

Had to be the first! 7 years 6 months ago #1

• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
  • coastal_dan
  • 50+ Posts!
  • 2014 YakAngler Supporter
I live in Philadelphia, but do 95% of my fishing in the Delaware Bay. My folks live in Lewes so it is great place to crash and relax after a day on the water. I worked (mate and tackle sales) and lived in Rehobeth/Lewes/Bethany all through college.

In terms of fishing I'll be togging at the inner and outer wall this Saturday depending on the bite, or there is talks of stripers off of Broadkill beach with bloodworms...we shall see once Friday gets here.

I'm newish to kayak fishing but have been boat fishing for many years. So, I'm always open to fishing with others...hope to meet some of you on the water.

:fishing:
Hobie Outback

Where Land Ends Life Begins...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Had to be the first! 7 years 6 months ago #2

• Sarasota, FL
  • Bullfrog
  • 250+ Posts!
  • Ambassador Medal2014 YakAngler Supporter 2013 YakAngler Supporter
Lived in Wilmington, DE for 5 years and kept my boat at a marina in Slaughter Beach on the Delaware Bay. I fished up and down most of the bay and Lewes was one of my wife's favorite places. Sold the boat a few years bank and started into yak fishing. We now live in South Jersey and most of the fishing will be on the Jersey shore.

Lewis would be a great place to launch from with easy access to some great fishing around the ice breakers and beyond. Be careful venturing out too far as you know that bay can blow up in a hurry and be pretty nasty. One of my most memorable catches was a Delaware Bay Sturgeon from the beach at the park just below Lewes about 15 years ago.

Best of luck

Bullfrog
Faith, Family, Fishing

Cuda 12, Forest Camo
The following user(s) said Thank You: coastal_dan

Had to be the first! 7 years 6 months ago #3

• coastal_dan
  • 50+ Posts!
Very cool about the Sturgeon...they are few and far between but I know they are doing some research on them now off the coast, interesting species for sure.

We've fished quite a bit at the outerwall, night trips for stripers w/ black and purple bombers was always a blast.

I'll be fishing the Coral Beds in May for black drum off of Slaughter Beach; I'd love to hook a +60lb fish just to say I've wrestled one from a plastic tub, haha. Slaughter Beach is a neat little area, was looking at some of the available properties for sale, great prices for some cool places.

Did you come out of the Mispillion inlet? That looks like a killer place to flounder and weakie fish; it's one of the places on my "to fish" list.
Hobie Outback

Had to be the first! 7 years 6 months ago #4

• Sarasota, FL
  • Bullfrog
  • 250+ Posts!
Yea, Mispillion Inlet, we usually made long runs to the anchorage or to the 14 Foot Light, too far for a yak. Never tried in close but there must be flounder and weekies in the shallower water. I met a guy that set crab traps out of a canoe there and people fish from shore north of Lewes and do ok.

Bullfrog
Faith, Family, Fishing

Cuda 12, Forest Camo

Had to be the first! 7 years 6 months ago #5

• coastal_dan
  • 50+ Posts!
Very Nice! I'm going to see about getting the yak out to Site 8, that would be an all day thing.

I work in Moorestown and have a friend I fish with in Avalon, maybe I'll see you on the water sometime Bullfrog.
Hobie Outback

Had to be the first! 7 years 6 months ago #6

• Sarasota, FL
  • Bullfrog
  • 250+ Posts!
Cool. My wife works in Moorestown and we live in Mt. Laurel.

Bullfrog
Faith, Family, Fishing

Cuda 12, Forest Camo
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?