Alabama Kayak Fishing Forum

TOPIC: 2016 Attack is On...observations

2016 Attack is On...observations 4 years 7 months ago #1

• N Central Alabama
  • Gator
  • 10+ Posts!
image_2016-03-13.jpg

image_2016-03-13-2.jpg

My yak collected too much dust last year vs the skeeter. I renewed my commitment this season and been hitting it a Logan martin and Lay so far. I'll attach a few pics from yesterday's trip.

The kayak has really forced me to slow down and enjoy each spot to the fullest and improve my patience and technique. It sure is more peaceful. Watching the dudes on the big boats rip and run kinda makes me chuckle as to my approach last year. I definitely want to do a yak tourney or two this season. Iron city kayak anglers is one club I'm looking at. Coosa river keepers is another,
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Gator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:2016 Attack is On...observations 4 years 7 months ago #2

• Neenah, Wisconsin, USA
  • smj190
  • MOD Squad
  • Columbus Day Boondoggle 2015 YakAngler Pro Team2015 YakAngler SupporterAuthorColumbus Day Boondoggle 20132014 YakAngler Supporter Boondoggle Website SupporterYakAngler Mod2013 YakAngler Supporter TravelerAficionadoGreen SkullNovice YakAngler
Great way to start the year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tight Lines and Smooth Paddling!

2016 Attack is On...observations 4 years 5 months ago #3

• N Central Alabama
  • Gator
  • 10+ Posts!
Update: I have been in yak on several outings this year, more so than in my Skeeter. After fishing with friends that own Jackson's , I decided to sell my Emotion Mojo Angler and upgrade to a Jackson Big Rig. Picked her up on Monday and got it set up this week. Should be a good weekend to slime her if all works out.....I have a creek that is calling my name to explore. I did do a review on the Emotion Mojo on the site prior to selling to document my take.

More to come including some pics and an initial review if I have anything worthy to comment on.

2016 Attack is On...observations 4 years 5 months ago #4

• Silverhill, Alabama, USA
  • basscatlildave
  • MOD Squad
  • YakAngler Mod2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalPhotographerTravelerReviewerGreen Skull
Be sure to send some more slime pics in the new one. Do you ever fish Lake Martin?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gator

2016 Attack is On...observations 4 years 5 months ago #5

• N Central Alabama
  • Gator
  • 10+ Posts!
I have not hit Martin yet in either yak or skeeter, but I can....it's about an hour or less down 280 from me pending launch point. Do you?
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?