Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Kids Corner

TOPIC: The place that got it all started .......

The place that got it all started ....... 1 year 8 months ago #1

• 4X4Dad
  • 50+ Posts!
These pictures are from 4 years ago . I got the canoe / kayak bug and decided to see if my little mermaid would take to boats that aren't floating in the local public pool . We're on the Clarion River in Cook Forest . Fast forward to a month ago . The picture of my Eagle Talon will now become my 12 year old daughters and my new Sea Ghost 130 should be here in a couple weeks .

0529161352a.jpg

0529161424.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The place that got it all started ....... 1 year 8 months ago #2

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
It's great to get your family involved. Congrats Dad on the family adventures and the new Sea Ghost 130.
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau

The place that got it all started ....... 1 year 8 months ago #3

• Silverhill, Alabama, USA
  • basscatlildave
  • MOD Squad
  • YakAngler Mod2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalPhotographerTravelerReviewerGreen Skull
:daman: Love to see the family involved.

The place that got it all started ....... 1 year 8 months ago #4

• 4X4Dad
  • 50+ Posts!
Thanks guys . I've been told I'm great with kids . But honestly , I have to laugh , I know it's because I'm still a kid at heart . So I can relate with play time and going on adventurous outings . Fortunately my daughter came late in my life , because I now have 30 + years of shift work under my belt and 5 weeks vacation to play with every summer when she's off of school . We sit down in the spring and I let her help plan our adventures ( within reason ). I'm trying to talk her into the Adirondak Forest camping & kayaking this summer . I was up there with a work buddy at his families camp on Long Lake a few times . I can't even describe how beautiful it is up there and all of the small picturesque lakes all through the forest . It's like stepping back in time to the simpler life with kayaking & canoeing heaven around every bend in the road . If any members are from there or familiar with campgrounds that are easy access to launches & permits and possible remote camping , please feel free to voice your suggestions . Thanks .

I almost forgot . I know there is a certain time of the year that you DO NOT want to be in the forest because of the BLACK BITING FLIES . Can anyone tell me when that time span is ? Thanks .

The place that got it all started ....... 1 year 8 months ago #5

• Texas, USA
  • Aggroman
  • MOD Squad
  • 2016 YakAngler SupporterPhotographer2015 YakAngler SupporterLifetime YakAngler SupporterYakAngler Pro TeamYakAngler Mod2014 YakAngler Supporter TravelerReviewerGreen Skull
That's awesome! :bravo:
Scott
Please send rain to the following address...Texas.
2-OK Prowler 13's, Frenzy

Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?