Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Kids Corner

TOPIC: Has anyone added a second seat for kids

Has anyone added a second seat for kids 8 months 1 week ago #1

• Iowa
  • Stray
  • -10 Posts!
I'm looking to see if anyone has added a second seat to their kayak to take their kids out in. I've got a Perception Pescador Pilot that has a fairly large rear tankwell that I've been contemplating adding a second seat to. I've got an Engel cooler that fits fairly well back there that I could use as a seat, but I don't have a good way to secure it. I'd rather not have something that sits that high either, cause lets face it...3 year olds aren't the most coordinated and I'd like to keep her dry. :) I've also seen some fold up stadium seats at Costco for $20, but again I don't have a good way to secure it other than buying some additional GearTrac and mounting hardware.

I was hoping to see if anyone on here has any ideas or pictures of what you've done to get the kiddos out with you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Has anyone added a second seat for kids 8 months 1 week ago #2

• Silverhill, Alabama, USA
  • basscatlildave
  • MOD Squad
  • YakAngler Mod2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalPhotographerTravelerReviewerGreen Skull
My daughter is now 11 but she has rode on my Yeti a lot when she was younger. I never secured it down but it's mighty heavy. One of those low beach type chairs may fit back there and strapped low.
www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_3418625_-1?utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bing%20shopping&utm_content=Sports+And+Leisure+Patio+Furniture/accessories+Patio+Accessories/heating&utm_term=106536743&utm_source=bing

Has anyone added a second seat for kids 7 months 3 weeks ago #3

• Iowa
  • Stray
  • -10 Posts!
Well...I decided to install the stadium seat because I wanted the extra gear tracks when the kids aren't with me. Used an old cutting board as a backer plate and used a set of Geartrac hardware to attach some 3/4" aluminum tubing. I put it all together and I think it should work just fine. I'm probably going to add a second set of Geartrac to the back so I face the seat forward or backward. I didn't like the look of the plain aluminum so I took it apart and I'm in the process of painting it orange to match the accents on the kayak. I'll post an update once it's finished.
Attachments:

Has anyone added a second seat for kids 7 months 3 weeks ago #4

• North Texas
  • Bigbird
  • 10+ Posts!
Cool! Nice work.
Randy
17' Wilderness Systems Radar 135 - Dusk Orange
15' Hobie Outback - Golden Papaya (aka, Banana Yellow)
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?