Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Kids Corner

TOPIC: Son with Tagged Bass Photo

Son with Tagged Bass Photo 2 years 2 weeks ago #1

• BratsNMustard
  • 50+ Posts!
This photo is my 26 year old son, when he was nine, with a very nice largemouth he landed. This is one of my all time favorite photos. That smile. And, if you notice, there is an orange tag near the dorsal fin of that big largemouth. The really cool thing about that tag, and the fish itself, is the fact that this photo was from the late 1990s, but they stopped tagging the bass in this lake in the mid 1980s, so we knew this particular fish was most likely older than my son at the time. It's things like this that make me really appreciate that I have always been interested in photography, and carrying a camera just about everywhere I go.

017.jpg
It's not the kill that makes the hunt
It's the hunt that makes the kill
Follow me on YouTube at:
www.youtube.com/user/bratsnmustard
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Son with Tagged Bass Photo 2 years 2 weeks ago #2

• Ridgecrest, California, USA
  • Kayak_angler
  • 1250+ Posts!
  • 2015 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalColumbus Day Boondoggle 2014 TravelerReviewer
Its' always good to have a camera available while fishing, you just never know what you may see that makes that perfect photo moment. That bass looks about half the size of your boy, he must have been eating quite well over all those years. :cheer:
Save the earth. It's the only planet with kayaks, fish & chocolate!!!

2015 Jackson Coosa HD

Son with Tagged Bass Photo 2 years 2 weeks ago #3

• BratsNMustard
  • 50+ Posts!
Kayak_angler wrote:
Its' always good to have a camera available while fishing, you just never know what you may see that makes that perfect photo moment. That bass looks about half the size of your boy, he must have been eating quite well over all those years. :cheer:

This particular lake was private until the early 1980s when it was turned over to the federal government. The lake, and the couple thousand acres that surround it were immediately turned into a walk in area, no motor vehicles allowed. The lake instantly became a catch and release lake only, with no live bait allowed. Also, no motors of any kind are allowed on the lake. The lake itself sits about 1/2 mile from the highway, so anyone who wants to fish it in some kind of boat, has to carry, push, or haul there boat by hand to get it to the lake. The fish have thrived, and the lake produces some outstanding sized fish of each species that lives there, and is a great example of how long fish can live after they have been hooked and released. It's amazing how old some of the bass and pike are, and how many scars they have around their face and mouths from so many years of being caught and put back in the lake. To this day it is still an amazing place to fish, but this past year, they made it illegal to use any baits that are flavored or scented, and with me being strictly a soft plastic user, it makes it a bit difficult, since most of todays soft plastics have some sort of attractant in them.
It's not the kill that makes the hunt
It's the hunt that makes the kill
Follow me on YouTube at:
www.youtube.com/user/bratsnmustard

Son with Tagged Bass Photo 2 years 2 weeks ago #4

• Texas, USA
  • Aggroman
  • MOD Squad
  • 2016 YakAngler SupporterPhotographer2015 YakAngler SupporterLifetime YakAngler SupporterYakAngler Pro TeamYakAngler Mod2014 YakAngler Supporter TravelerReviewerGreen Skull
Very cool! :bravo:
Scott
Please send rain to the following address...Texas.
2-OK Prowler 13's, Frenzy

The following user(s) said Thank You: BratsNMustard

Son with Tagged Bass Photo 2 years 2 weeks ago #5

• Silverhill, Alabama, USA
  • basscatlildave
  • MOD Squad
  • YakAngler Mod2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalPhotographerTravelerReviewerGreen Skull
:up: Nice
The following user(s) said Thank You: BratsNMustard

Son with Tagged Bass Photo 8 months 1 week ago #6

• Bluebuddy
  • 10+ Posts!
Impressive shot. Looks really candid because of his expression.

Son with Tagged Bass Photo 8 months 1 week ago #7

• NE Pennsylvania
  • Spider1
  • 1250+ Posts!
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ambassador Medal
Yep, that's a great pic. I know this thread is a bit dated, but have you tried maybe pouring your own baits? That way you can make them unscented but still use your favorite baits on that lake.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?