Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What to Cook for Christmas Dinner ?

What to Cook for Christmas Dinner ? 1 year 5 months ago #1

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
My daughter is also wondering what will make her dinner with the fiancee and the future mother in law, memorable. She is living far from home in another state. Her and Mom have been discussing the best approach to win hearts and minds.

I would think to make a dish that has some good memories for YOU. Every family has traditions. I believe traditions are a good thing. Start your own traditions. For us the main dish is usually turkey for Thanksgiving and Ham for Christmas. It doesn't have to be the same every year, but those two main courses are worth consideration.

Home made apple and pumpkin pies are staples for deserts. Other dishes to fill in between the main course and deserts include potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes with marshmallow topping, green beans with sliced almonds, home made cranberry relish, fruit salad, broccoli/cauliflower and bacon dish. And our course some home made breads.

We have a larger get together with extended family for the holidays. You don't have to make so many dishes, it just been our tradition for several people in the family to help out with the large spread. Pick a few items and try to make them from scratch instead of out of a box. Pick good ingredients and remember that while it is stressful, this is suppose to be FUN. Try to enjoy the process and get other people involved in making the meal.

Start your own traditions and remember to smile through it all.
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What to Cook for Christmas Dinner ? 1 year 4 months ago #2

How about Steak?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?