Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Boat Fudge

Boat Fudge 3 years 6 months ago #1

• BrownBear
  • 250+ Posts!
Dunno about anyone else, but when we're on the water we snack. Here's Numero Uno for our snack boxes:

My brother was a deadliest catch crab fisherman for over 20 years. This stuff is supremely popular on the boats because it's fast, dead simple and foolproof.

Combine 18 oz of chocolate chips (1 1/2 of the standard 12oz bags), a 13 ounce can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk and 1/3 stick butter in a sauce pan. Heat and stir over medium-low heat until everything is melted and shiny looking. Take it off the heat and stir in a teaspoon of vanilla. Pour it out into a casserole dish and let it cool.

Youre done! Perfect fudge, which sets up well with a silky texture. Use whichever chips you prefer. Any flavor works, though the butterscotch really seems to have trouble melting.

Popular variations:

1 bag milk chocolate chips and half a bag of Reese's peanut butter chips.

All semi-sweet if you prefer a darker fudge.

If you like nuts in your fudge, drop the nuts in the bottom of the dish and pour the fudge over it.

Wanna get real carried away, toss a few almonds in the bottom, layer coconut over those, then do the deed with milk chocolate chips and heat it a little longer before pouring into the pan. Perfect Almond Joys every time.

My favorite, chop and drain maraschino cherries and walnuts, then stir into the fudge before pouring.

If you press parchment paper down into the casserole dish before pouring, you can lift the cooled fudge out as a block and slice it on the counter without having to dig it out of the dish.

Without a doubt the most consistent and versatile fudge ever to hit your lips. And so easy you'll feel like you're cheating!
"Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
Merle Haggard
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by BrownBear.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Boat Fudge 3 years 6 months ago #2

• Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri
  • Ranger393
  • 250+ Posts!
  • Ambassador Medal2016 YakAngler Supporter2015 YakAngler SupporterDilettante
Thanks for the recipe BrownBear! I'll give this one a try this weekend.
Ranger393
Jackson Cuda 14

jacksonkayak.com/

Boat Fudge 3 years 6 months ago #3

• Silverhill, Alabama, USA
  • basscatlildave
  • MOD Squad
  • YakAngler Mod2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalPhotographerTravelerReviewerGreen Skull
You have kicked my sweet tooth on OVERDRIVE :lmao:
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?