Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Kayak Fishing Answers Forum

TOPIC: Dry Suits - Again

Dry Suits - Again 1 month 2 weeks ago #1

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
I'm committed to fish early and late in the season this year. I also have made the decision that I have lived this long, this isn't the year to die in cold water. More research has begun on cold water paddling clothing.

I've been considering a true dry suit vs a semi-dry suit. I've narrowed it down to a semi-dry Anglers dry suit. Since I plan on paddling in the Big Pond (think Great Lakes), where the air temps can be in the 70s but the water temp is still in the 50s - breathable Gore-Tex suits are at the top of the list.

They are at the top in price and performance. Anyone know of any good sales happening right now? I want to buy something in March. Sooner the better just to check another must have off of the list.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts in advance.
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dry Suits - Again 1 month 1 week ago #2

• Apison, TN, USA
  • MontyMurdoch
  • 800+ Posts!
  • 2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler SupporterAmbassador Medal2013 YakAngler Supporter 2014 YakAngler Supporter Presidents Day Boondoggle 2013Aficionado
Have you looked at all at NRS stuff? They make some great fishing things. If you do not need a true dry suit. You could go with NRS Sidewinder Dry Bibs (they are having a sale on last year's model) with a NRS Riptide Splash jacket. The Sidewinder bibs have a built in sock/footie so you are sealed up down by your feet well.

Just something to think about. I really am a fan of NRS products.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clay

Dry Suits - Again 1 month 1 week ago #3

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
Thanks for your thoughts Monty. I ended up with a kokatat Supernova Gore Tex Angler suit. It's a semi dry suit. I tried on a true dry suit and I've literally been in choke holds in MMA classes that were more comfortable. I had to say NO to the latex neck seal and go with the neo seal instead.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Clay.

Dry Suits - Again 1 month 1 week ago #4

• Apison, TN, USA
  • MontyMurdoch
  • 800+ Posts!
  • 2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler SupporterAmbassador Medal2013 YakAngler Supporter 2014 YakAngler Supporter Presidents Day Boondoggle 2013Aficionado
Clay,

That is what this site is about. Back in the day, it was much more active with a lot of people involved, but I think FaceBook groups have hurt this site's traffic.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?