Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Buy Sell Trade

TOPIC: Question about Jackson Mayfly Resale value

Question about Jackson Mayfly Resale value 5 months 1 week ago #1

• seang
  • 10+ Posts!
theres a local shop selling a used Mayfly for $1600 in good shape. they retail for over 1800. deal?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question about Jackson Mayfly Resale value 5 months 1 week ago #2

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
The Mayfly is on my personal very short list. NO that's not a good deal. The 2017 Mayfly lists at $1899 on the Jackson Kayak website and I have found two brand new ones locally selling for:

Jackson: Mayfly – color: Rockfish – $1,899 – $1615

Jackson: Mayfly – color: Mahi – $1,899 – $1615

These are new units at roughly 15% off. I would want more off of a used boat, especially this time of year. It is very much off season and the new 2018 version has some changes already.

Not my video, but highlights some of the changes for the 2018 Mayfly: 2018 Jackson Mayfly rigged for Redfish

Not sure where you are located, but prices do vary regionally with demand and market. Maybe if you are in Florida it is not so out of season there. In Wisconsin, the water is hard right now and kayak sales are not at the top of everyone's list. I plan on going to a local kayak show in the spring (March) and traditionally there are some good prices at these types of annual shows.

Good luck during your search for your perfect boat at your price. Remember it's not a race, enjoy the research and shopping and demo paddle everything that you can.
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau
The following user(s) said Thank You: seang

Question about Jackson Mayfly Resale value 5 months 1 week ago #3

• cmonkey
  • 10+ Posts!
I just bought my Kraken 13.5 Elite without a scratch on it for $900. However, now I see Jackson has discontinued that model. I like it so far!

Good luck finding your Mayfly!

Question about Jackson Mayfly Resale value 5 months 6 days ago #4

• , ,
  • krash
  • 500+ Posts!
  • Ambassador Medal
Shop around Google can be your friedn. simple search I see new ones for $1619, MPO is a used kayak depreciates in value quickly to 30% off its list price no matter what condition its in, kind of like a boat or car. Don;t rush shop around.

People think they go up in value as they add accessories that they love and want.. but be careful these accessoires may be something you will never use or are not installed where your personal need is.

Look up the value of say a Corvette that has left the dealers showroom, even with very low miles its value has dropped considerably, that's why you need gap insurance to cover what it cost vs. what its worth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seang
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?