Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Water Cooler

TOPIC: Hoping 2021 will be better than the last two years

Hoping 2021 will be better than the last two years 4 months 3 weeks ago #1

• Ridgecrest, California, USA
  • Kayak_angler
  • 1250+ Posts!
  • 2015 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Columbus Day Boondoggle 2014 Ambassador MedalTravelerReviewer
The past two years have been crazy here with everything that happened. July 4th, 2019 we were the epicenter of a 6.4 earthquake followed by an even stronger 7.1 July 5th. Fortunately no one in the area was killed or severely injured during either event. 2020 came around and the global pandemic that affected everyone happened causing many hardships around the globe. When places started opening up last summer I was only able to fish the mountain lakes twice before the massive wildfires hit causing massive closures throughout the Sierras.

My prediction for 2021 is a much greater outlook for everyone and I plan to celebrate with numerous hours fishing in my favorite mountain lakes. I'm looking forward to spending as much time on the water as possible to make up for last year. Good luck everyone!!!

104909719_10217753618257659_5662401562893834747_o.jpg
Save the earth. It's the only planet with kayaks, fish & chocolate!!!

2015 Jackson Coosa HD

rodnboot.com/
www.facebook.com/groups/rodnboot

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hoping 2021 will be better than the last two years 4 months 3 weeks ago #2

• All over
  • Samthetramp
  • 50+ Posts!
Beautiful lake. I didn't get my boat wet once last year. Barely fished at all. This year has been better so far for me. I've caught at least 1 fish every month except February. Everything was still frozen then. Tight lines.
Life without risk is merely existing.

Hoping 2021 will be better than the last two years 4 months 3 weeks ago #3

• Kayak_angler
  • 1250+ Posts!
  • 2015 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Columbus Day Boondoggle 2014 Ambassador MedalTravelerReviewer
Last year was tough for many and affected nearly all ways of life. I wasn't able to get out on the water much last year so I'm hoping to make up for it this year. I've been out four times this year so far. Only once in the yak so far but that will change later this month. I've made made one saltwater fishing trip so far this year and looking forward to several more this year with surf fishing and deep sea.

2015 Jackson Coosa HD

rodnboot.com/

Hoping 2021 will be better than the last two years 4 months 2 weeks ago #4

• Silverhill, Alabama, USA
  • basscatlildave
  • MOD Squad
  • YakAngler Mod2016 YakAngler Supporter2015 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalPhotographerTravelerReviewerGreen Skull
2020 will go down in the history books as who knows what. Lets all be thankful for 2021 and strive to make it a great year. Remember you control what kind of day you have. :)

Hoping 2021 will be better than the last two years 4 months 1 week ago #5

• Kayak_angler
  • 1250+ Posts!
basscatlildave wrote:
2020 will go down in the history books as who knows what. Lets all be thankful for 2021 and strive to make it a great year. Remember you control what kind of day you have. :)

You are so right, it is up to each of us to make the best of any situation. I have engrained that statement in every basketball player I have coached the past 10 years. I could always tell which ones actually took it to heart as it showed on the court. I have repeated this many times the past year with my daughter as well being stuck at home and not seeing her friends for such a long time.

2015 Jackson Coosa HD

rodnboot.com/

Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?