Username: Password: Remember me
Water Cooler

TOPIC: THE ADMIRAL gets a hit

THE ADMIRAL gets a hit 1 month 1 week ago #1

• Upstate NY
  • Stumpkiller
  • 250+ Posts!
  • 2016 YakAngler Supporter
My wife insisted she wanted to get herself back into fishing but without me influencing her gear. So, she picked up a little Shakespeare micro-light one piece 4'6" rod and reel loaded up with 4 lb Stren and has been using that. She's put a 14" rainbow on the table in April, but today we were out in our yaks and she fought a wonderful battle and landed this lovely smallmouth.

20190609_183649-Jun92019at9-59-16PM.jpg

Showed me all up. I hooked a nice one but on the second jump he shook the spoon loose and I was left empty.
Charlie P.

Perception Sport Sound 12.5

Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Stumpkiller.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

THE ADMIRAL gets a hit 1 month 6 days ago #2

• Silverhill, Alabama, USA
  • basscatlildave
  • MOD Squad
  • YakAngler Mod2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalPhotographerTravelerReviewerGreen Skull
:bravo: Great job.

THE ADMIRAL gets a hit 1 month 6 days ago #3

• Not close enough to the river
  • Fishing Pole
  • 10+ Posts!
Great job.

Lake looks like a nice place to spend a day.
"Behold, I am going to send for many fishermen," declares the Lord - Jeremiah 16:16

THE ADMIRAL gets a hit 1 month 6 days ago #4

• Upstate NY
  • Stumpkiller
  • 250+ Posts!
It is a jewel. 5 miles x 1 mile and a horsepower restriction (25 now, but it was "under 10 Hp" for decades). 17 miles from my front door.

I found a dead 44-1/2" tiger musky floating several years ago. And occasionally I get "blips" on my fish finder that are impressive.

We catch walleye, white and black crappie, channel cats, LOTS of smallmouth, the occasional largemouth northern pike, and at the upper end where the Otselic River enters some worth while yellow perch in the river itself. Supposedly yellow and black bullhead - but I seldom use anything but lures or flies and just don't run across them.

It's a flood control reservoir and the original river channel runs about 20 ft deep. Definitely favors those that can find the channel.

www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_pdf/whitresmap.pdf
Charlie P.

Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Stumpkiller.

THE ADMIRAL gets a hit 1 month 5 days ago #5

• Apison, TN, USA
  • MontyMurdoch
  • 800+ Posts!
  • 2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler SupporterAmbassador Medal2013 YakAngler Supporter 2014 YakAngler Supporter Presidents Day Boondoggle 2013Aficionado
Looks like a great place.

THE ADMIRAL gets a hit 1 month 18 hours ago #6

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
Glad that you two are having a blast together. Life is indeed wonderful when spent with our families. It's so nice to share adventures together. My best fishing partner is my wife and reliving those wonderful moments spent together on the water is a great subject to talk about.

Congrats again.
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau

THE ADMIRAL gets a hit 1 month 9 hours ago #7

• Upstate NY
  • Stumpkiller
  • 250+ Posts!
Our first date was to go fishing.

I presented her an Eagle Claw 5 piece Trailmaster rod for our engagement (we were backpackers at the time).

39 years married I cannot thank her (sadly departed) Father enough for taking her fishing, camping and shooting and instilling in her a love of the outdoors. She even shot a six point buck (but that was the end of her hunting - only truly insane folks hunt in NY winters for meat more expensive than store-bought beef).

On this Father's Day I'd like to honor the memory of HER father: he was a good friend and one of the best men I've ever known. Self employed cabinetmaker and a wonderful, if dry, sense of humor.
Charlie P.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tgil
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?