Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Water Cooler

TOPIC: Bonus!

Bonus! 7 months 3 days ago #1

• Whitecourt, Alberta
  • Demonical
  • 50+ Posts!
So where I work, we get a Personal Spending Acct(PSA), which me being the type that doesn't pay attention, didn't even know about. :woohoo:
But my buddy says, "Hey we got this money, you need to check it out."
It gets better...
I followed up on what he said, and sure enough I get $1500 a year. And since I didn't know about it, hadn't spent my 2018 cash. BONUS! It carried over to 2019!
Found out I was sitting on $3000 in this PSA. :up:
We can use the money for stuff like fitness equipment and recreational activities/gear.

I am in Canada so decided to buy a Bowflex M3 Elliptical Trainer. Well I bought it through Canadian Tire, and when you buy this Bowlfewx, they add $200 to your Cdn Tire credit card.

So the next thing is, I'm trying to figure out how to spend the other ~$1700. I decided to check out kayaks at Cdn Tire, and first thing I see is a Pelican Catch 100 kayak, which normally retails for $850Cdn.
But they had one left in the store, and had it at clearance price of $499.
Wife and I already have 2 Pelican Catch 120's and we love these kayaks, so the Catch 100 was perfect to get, as a 'Guest' kayak, for when friends/relatives are dropping in.

And to make the story even better, the $200 credit I got from the Bowlfex I was able to use on the Pelican.
So I got an $850 kayak for $350. A huge $500 savings. :gangster: :ninja:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bonus! 7 months 3 days ago #2

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
Man, life is good indeed. Congrats on your windfall.
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau

Bonus! 7 months 2 days ago #3

• Silverhill, Alabama, USA
  • basscatlildave
  • MOD Squad
  • YakAngler Mod2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalPhotographerTravelerReviewerGreen Skull
That's the way to go. I want a smaller lighter yak and have been looking at them also. Post some pics and let us know how you like the 100

Bonus! 7 months 1 day ago #4

• Whitecourt, Alberta
  • Demonical
  • 50+ Posts!
There are a few Youtube video reviews on the 100, and they are quite favourable. Due to the 2' shorter length, I get the impression is will turn quicker than the 12' Catch 120. But it looks like it will carry virtually same load and is very stable.

fwiw, the version I bought is (winter)grey camo. I've seen the 100 with a yellow camo hull.

Bonus! 7 months 1 day ago #5

• Ridgecrest, California, USA
  • Kayak_angler
  • 1250+ Posts!
  • 2015 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalColumbus Day Boondoggle 2014 TravelerReviewer
Congratulations on a great pickup. :up: It is nice to find out you have bonus money sitting out there somewhere. I need to start searching around, maybe I have some money waiting for me somewhere. :cheer:
Save the earth. It's the only planet with kayaks, fish & chocolate!!!

2015 Jackson Coosa HD

Bonus! 6 months 4 weeks ago #6

• Thunder Bay, Ontario
  • Bluestew
  • -10 Posts!
Now THAT is a good thing! I'm in Canada also. Will have to check on that PSA...not likely with my employer, though.
Last Edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by Bluestew. Reason: additional point
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?