Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Water Cooler

TOPIC: Deer hunting 2018

Deer hunting 2018 3 weeks 3 days ago #1

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
Season opened at 630 am to sub freezing temps. On the stand about 3 1/2 hours. Havent seen a deer and Im dreaming of kayaks. Crazy beautiful out here.
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deer hunting 2018 3 weeks 1 day ago #2

• Silverhill, Alabama, USA
  • basscatlildave
  • MOD Squad
  • YakAngler Mod2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalPhotographerTravelerReviewerGreen Skull
Not very cold at all down here but ain't seen a deer yet. :ninja:

Deer hunting 2018 1 week 2 days ago #3

• Santa Clara CA
  • Bluebuddy
  • 10+ Posts!
That's insane. I too would like to experience that kind of scene that feels like straight out of a movie.

Deer hunting 2018 1 week 1 day ago #4

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
Hunting and fishing are more than the shooting or the netting. For me it is about times shared with family and friends but it also about recharging the batteries of my soul. Maybe a little sappy this morning but 100% true. When you live a busy, hectic life style there is nothing that does wonders for you than enjoying being out of buildings and pushing papers around.

Many think that being in the woods would be a boring, quiet experience. But the woods are alive if you just experience it. The crows are very loud indeed, we have owls and for lack of a proper name I call most of them tweetie birds: small thrushes and chickadees. The squirrels were crazy loud and with each frozen leaf crunch, it was the anticipation "is this the big buck coming?" The chilly morning makes one realize that everything doesn't live in a temperature controlled 72 F environment. There is more to life than just your job.

Get out into the world and experience it.
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau

Deer hunting 2018 1 week 12 hours ago #5

• cmonkey
  • 10+ Posts!
I zapped a six pointer, and so did my hunting buddy. He even got to see two bobcats. Lots of bear sign too despite the cold. Food was great, stove was warm, nearby pressure was light. Good times.

Really excited though as I drew a Michigan elk tag...a pretty much once in a lifetime draw. Antlerless tag, but I'm still tickled. Heading on that trip in about a week.

Deer hunting 2018 5 days 13 hours ago #6

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
Congrats on a good season and great luck on the elk hunt. Let us know how that goes for you.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?