Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Water Cooler

TOPIC: Scotty Track Size Adapter -

Scotty Track Size Adapter - 1 month 1 week ago #1

Hi All,

I recently purchased the Scotty track kit in order to use a transducer arm for my fishfinder on an Ocean Kayak Trident 11. Unfortunately the locations I would need to install the track are too thin for me to properly install the Scotty track.

Does anyone know of a good way to install this track? I'm assuming I will have to build out an adapter but I'm not entirely sure the best way.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scotty Track Size Adapter - 1 month 1 week ago #2

• NE Pennsylvania
  • Spider1
  • 1250+ Posts!
  • Ambassador Medal
which track did you get the low profile or the slide track? Do you want to mount it on the gunwale in front of the stock slides?

Scotty Track Size Adapter - 1 month 2 days ago #3

I bought the low profile. I was hoping to install in on the gunwale about 2 o'clock form my seat. the gunwale is too thin to accept the screws so I trying to see if I can make some form of a adapter I can screw into the gunwale and then screw the track on the adapter.

Scotty Track Size Adapter - 1 month 1 day ago #4

• , ,
  • krash
  • 500+ Posts!
  • Ambassador Medal
Nor Easter wrote:
I bought the low profile. I was hoping to install in on the gunwale about 2 o'clock form my seat. the gunwale is too thin to accept the screws so I trying to see if I can make some form of a adapter I can screw into the gunwale and then screw the track on the adapter.

How's about making a simple backing plate, on the under side of the gunwale, I use starboard.

Scotty Track Size Adapter - 3 weeks 6 days ago #5

I'm not sure I understand. The width of the gunwale is the issue, so even if I put a backing plate on the underside, it won't increase the width so I can secure the track. Then again, I can totally be misunderstanding your suggestion.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?