Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Water Cooler

TOPIC: sun dophin boss 12 ss

sun dophin boss 12 ss 5 months 2 weeks ago #1

• martyjmc
  • -10 Posts!
Hello everyone,

I am new to this sight and have been trying to find some reviews of the Boss 12 SS fishing kayak. Has anyone tried one or seen one in person and have any kind of input about it? Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

sun dophin boss 12 ss 5 months 2 weeks ago #2

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
I found a couple of links, but haven't seen one in person. Seems like a pretty feature rich boat for 5 bills. Might make a great intro boat, or a second kayak. Weight seems reasonable and dimensions seem good.

I would like to see one in person.

I just saw a boat yesterday for the first time that everyone raves about in the $1200 price range. Once I saw the latches on that boat, they just looked like a cheap $2 Chinese latch. The boat name will remain nameless so as to not offend. The point is to look at stuff yourself and see what you think. Looks like a lot of retailers carry Sun Dolphin: Dealers
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau
The following user(s) said Thank You: martyjmc

sun dophin boss 12 ss 5 months 2 weeks ago #3

• martyjmc
  • -10 Posts!

I found this. It’s almost exactly like the boss 12. I like it!

sun dophin boss 12 ss 5 months 2 weeks ago #4

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
The Boss 12 was just introduced at ICAST 2017 this past fall. They should hit retailers this spring. This is a short video on the boat:

Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau

Re:sun dophin boss 12 ss 5 months 8 hours ago #5

• martyjmc
  • -10 Posts!
martyjmc wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am new to this sight and have been trying to find some reviews of the Boss 12 SS fishing kayak. Has anyone tried one or seen one in person and have any kind of input about it? Thanks!
I just received my Boss 12 ss and I like most of the features. It is about 70lbs and the limit is a whopping 500+. The latches on it seem cheap but has a lip and I suspect no water will leak in unless the hatches come opened. It looks like you could store inside the hull if you wanted. The seat looks amazingly comfortable. It looks stable but the hull material seems thin to me but I don’t plan on bouncing it off of rocks down class 3 rapids either. For 500 bucks from WalMart I think it will do for a novice infrequent kayak fisherman such as I. It has 4 flush rod mounts and one swivel and a gear track on either side and a stand assist strap which a middle aged, overweight guy like myself requires. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sun dophin boss 12 ss 5 months 7 hours ago #6

• 4X4Dad
  • 50+ Posts!
I just looked up the specs on the Boss 12 SS . Looks like you got alot of kayak for your money . Do a search on kayak accessories and you'll find a couple companies that you can customize your new Yak to your own personal taste at reasonable prices .

Welcome to the site and kayak fishing ! :welcome:

sun dophin boss 12 ss 5 months 33 minutes ago #7

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
Congrats on your new boat. Make sure you get a PFD and all of the other required safety stuff in your state, then get it wet and put some fish slime on or in the boat and enjoy.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?