Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
STOP!! Before you post your question have you already read the Frequently Asked Questions?

TOPIC: dropped posts

dropped posts 1 year 5 months ago #1

• NE Pennsylvania
  • Spider1
  • 1250+ Posts!
  • Ambassador Medal
I've had it happen a couple times before but it's happened twice today so far. I type out a reply and then hit submit. Looks good. But when I go back to check it, it's gone. The last one that it happened to I went back to check and it was there, all was good. Then I went and did other stuff and an hour or so later checked on the thread and the post was gone. I don't know if it's something I'm doing or if there's a problem somewhere. Anybody else get posts dropped?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

dropped posts 1 year 5 months ago #2

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
I've had it happen a couple of times. After a few of these I noticed a correlation. For me, it seems like it happens when I take a long time to compose the post. Even though the screen that I am working on seems live (for a lack of a better word), I think that the system logs me out.

Now, if I take a long time to compose or get called away for a minute and come back, I ALWAYS copy my response, then log back in and paste it. This way it really gets posted.

Not sure if this is what is happening to you, but this has happened to me in the past. Hope that this helps.
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau

dropped posts 1 year 5 months ago #3

• 4X4Dad
  • 50+ Posts!
I've had what Clay described happen when I took to long . I've had it happen on other forums also . Never thought of Copy & Paste to solve the problem . Good idea .

dropped posts 1 year 5 months ago #4

• NE Pennsylvania
  • Spider1
  • 1250+ Posts!
  • Ambassador Medal
Thanks guys. yeah, I bet that's what's happening. It always seems to be when I take time and make a long thought out post. Never happens to the little quick posts. :dry: I'll have to try to remember to copy a reply before hitting submit so if it does get dropped I can paste it back in. but I'll probably forget from time to time and get caught.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?