Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Kayak Specific Forum

TOPIC: Which fish finder is the best for kayaking?

Which fish finder is the best for kayaking? 7 months 2 weeks ago #1

• joelpyle
  • -10 Posts!
Trying to find best fish finder for my kayak. I'm a fisher man and i like to catch fish while kayaking. But don't know where to find the right fish finder. Then i find this site http://kayakfishfinderhub.com reading their reviews i'm confused which fish finder is good "Deeper Smart Fish Finder" or " fish Hunter".
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Which fish finder is the best for kayaking? 7 months 1 week ago #2

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
The exact same units that are good for larger boats. Don't limit yourself to a 4" screen. Get a unit that meets your needs and your budget. I fish some skinny water so I really liked the idea of side scan. I ended up with a Helix 7 with side scan. The screen is big enough the run it in a split screen mode without squinting too much. If you do pay for a side scan unit, make sure that your mounting method lets you exploit what you paid for. The transducer should be mounted below the line of the hull for best results.

There are some great prices out there right now.
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau

Which fish finder is the best for kayaking? 7 months 5 days ago #3

• Apison, TN, USA
  • MontyMurdoch
  • 800+ Posts!
  • 2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler SupporterAmbassador Medal2013 YakAngler Supporter 2014 YakAngler Supporter Presidents Day Boondoggle 2013Aficionado
Good advice right there.
Clay wrote:
The exact same units that are good for larger boats. Don't limit yourself to a 4" screen. Get a unit that meets your needs and your budget. I fish some skinny water so I really liked the idea of side scan. I ended up with a Helix 7 with side scan. The screen is big enough the run it in a split screen mode without squinting too much. If you do pay for a side scan unit, make sure that your mounting method lets you exploit what you paid for. The transducer should be mounted below the line of the hull for best results.

There are some great prices out there right now.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?