Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Kayak Specific Forum

TOPIC: Vibe Kayaks

Vibe Kayaks 1 month 1 week ago #1

• WyoBowhunter21
  • 10+ Posts!
I am looking at the sea ghost and since i don’t have a dealer anywhere close (10 hrs min) away. It seems the factory is out of them. Is there any other online dealers that have them? I am just weighing my options and that yak is at the top of my budget so I need to make sure it’s a good one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Vibe Kayaks 1 month 1 week ago #2

• 4X4Dad
  • 50+ Posts!
  • NOW ONLINE
I just received mine about 2 weeks ago . Hasn't even been in the water yet . It took mine about a month to be delivered . Very happy with the purchase .
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by 4X4Dad.

Vibe Kayaks 1 month 1 week ago #3

• WyoBowhunter21
  • 10+ Posts!
4X4Dad wrote:
I just received mine about 2 weeks ago . Hasn't even been in the water yet . It took mine about a month to be delivered . Very happy with the purchase .
Did you order it from vibe directly?

Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by WyoBowhunter21.

Vibe Kayaks 1 month 1 week ago #4

• 4X4Dad
  • 50+ Posts!
  • NOW ONLINE
I ordered it through my local dealer . But , they are very prompt at answering emails when I have contacted them with questions . I would ask if you could get some type of local delivery . I believe I've read in their blog that customers have had Kayaks delivered to their home address , but you have to sign and receive it in person . Could be tough if there is any scheduling conflicts .

Vibe Kayaks 1 month 1 week ago #5

• Birdsnest
  • 10+ Posts!
They do offer home delivery but you must inspect it and sign the freight release BEFORE the driver leaves.

This means you or someone that is capable of inspecting it for damage must unloaded, unpackage, and inspect fairly quickly so there isn’t a “long delivery” charge for holding the driver up. I never heard of this surcharge until I had my smoker delivered and the driver informed me of it. I believe he told me it was 15 or 20 minutes for a residential delivery, so it isn’t unreasonably short.

Re:Vibe Kayaks 1 month 1 week ago #6

• WyoBowhunter21
  • 10+ Posts!
Thanks all. I just have to wait until they get some in stock. If I do order it I think I will ship it to my office. Someone is always there to unload it.

Re:Vibe Kayaks 1 month 1 week ago #7

• Wisconsin
  • Clay
  • 250+ Posts!
WyoBowhunter21 wrote:
Thanks all. I just have to wait until they get some in stock. If I do order it I think I will ship it to my office. Someone is always there to unload it.

Something to think about: it's not really if someone is there to receive the boat, as far as YOUR interests go. It's more about having someone there to INSPECT the plastic boat before you give up the opportunity to complain later.

I would want to learn about what typically goes wrong in shipping. I would unwrap the boat completely and inspect the seams, the hull, the plastic latches, etc. There is probably no need to recreate the wheel. Someone probably has something written down somewhere that shows you what you want to inspect on your newly arrived boat.

Edited to add this video: Receiving a kayak
Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish that they are after. Henry David Thoreau
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Clay.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?