Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Saltwater Kayak Fishing

TOPIC: Fishing with a Kayak as German in Florida

Fishing with a Kayak as German in Florida 9 months 6 days ago #1

Hello Guys,

I´m a 18 year old German and I want to do a Roadtrip in the next year, from San Fransisco to Florida.
My goal is to find a location in florida where I can fish with my own equipment (maybe kayak or small alu boat with about 20 hp 2-stroke) for small yellowfin, Amberjack, Mahi etc.. Do you think this Idea is realisable with a very small amount of money?
Do you know mayby a good place for staying cheap direct on the sea? Do you know where I can meet people from wich I can lern?
I have the Geman fishing and boating licence, so this shouldn´t make any problems.

Sorry for my bad Englisch.
I would appreciate answers to this questions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fishing with a Kayak as German in Florida 8 months 1 week ago #2

• Satellite Beach
  • ChrisMacD
  • -10 Posts!
Kommt drauf an ob du im Atlantik oder im Golf angeln moechtest. Ich lebe an der Ostkueste von Florida und gehe meistens im Atlantik mit dem Kajak angeln. Leider muesstest du mehrere Meilen raus paddeln um die Fische die du genant hast zu fangen (wo Ich wohne).
Wieviel Geld moechtest du denn fuer ein Boot ausgeben? Fuer den Antlantik brauchst du schon ein relativ grosses Boot (teuer).
Ich habe mehrere Kajaks und haette kein Problem dir eins auszuleihen.
Der Strand ist 5min zu Fuss von meinem Haus.

In English:

Depends on if you want to fish the Atlantic or the Gulf. I live on the east coast of florida and usually go fishing in the Atlantic with my kayak. Unfortunately you would have to paddle out several miles to catch the fish you named (where I live).
How much money do you want to spend on a boat? You would need a realatively big boat for the Atlantic (expensive).
I have several kayaks and no problem to lend you one.
The beach is a 5min walk from my house.

And by the way: Your English is better than mine when I was 18.

Chris

Fishing with a Kayak as German in Florida 8 months 1 week ago #3

• 4X4Dad
  • 50+ Posts!
ChrisMacD wrote:
Kommt drauf an ob du im Atlantik oder im Golf angeln moechtest. Ich lebe an der Ostkueste von Florida und gehe meistens im Atlantik mit dem Kajak angeln. Leider muesstest du mehrere Meilen raus paddeln um die Fische die du genant hast zu fangen (wo Ich wohne).
Wieviel Geld moechtest du denn fuer ein Boot ausgeben? Fuer den Antlantik brauchst du schon ein relativ grosses Boot (teuer).

In English:

Depends on if you want to fish the Atlantic or the Gulf. I live on the east coast of florida and usually go fishing in the Atlantic with my kayak. Unfortunately you would have to paddle out several miles to catch the fish you named (where I live).
How much money do you want to spend on a boat? You would need a realatively big boat for the Atlantic (expensive).

Chris

Now THAT ^ ^ ^ is why this FORUM is a great place ! Your a good man Chris !

Fishing with a Kayak as German in Florida 1 month 5 days ago #4

• Barnwell, SC
  • brianowens16
  • 10+ Posts!
If you come through South Carolina, bitte, ruf mich an. Ich würde mehr als gerne mit Ihnen fischen.

Fishing with a Kayak as German in Florida 3 weeks 6 days ago #5

• Apison, TN, USA
  • MontyMurdoch
  • 800+ Posts!
  • 2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler SupporterAmbassador Medal2013 YakAngler Supporter 2014 YakAngler Supporter Presidents Day Boondoggle 2013Aficionado
Completely agree!
4X4Dad wrote:
ChrisMacD wrote:

In English:

Chris

Now THAT ^ ^ ^ is why this FORUM is a great place ! Your a good man Chris !
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?