Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Freshwater Kayak Fishing

TOPIC: Lake Huron Gold

Lake Huron Gold 2 months 3 days ago #1

• cmonkey
  • 10+ Posts!
Went casting out on the big lake yesterday. Being mid-day, I didn't expect to catch much, but felt the need to go for a paddle. While paddling to my destination, I had a large fish swirled quite close to the yak, and by the iridescent blue green of the back, think it was a steelhead. I cast a bit there, but no takers.

I finally got to a cement pier down the shoreline, and was pleased to nail these two twin 23 inch walleye, plus a bonus smallmouth (released), and had another mystery fish that got off. The one walleye got the trebles tangled in my shorts (crotch area) once aboard, and after I got the fish on the stringer, there was some VERY careful extraction with the pliers. Got away unscathed, but that fish sure seeked revenge.

Was a long paddle home dragging the fish, as I had not brought a cooler, so left them hang overboard to keep them fresh. Tired but happy.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lake Huron Gold 2 months 3 days ago #2

• Silverhill, Alabama, USA
  • basscatlildave
  • MOD Squad
  • YakAngler Mod2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalPhotographerTravelerReviewerGreen Skull
:bravo: They look tasty.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?