Kayak Fishing Ultimate Resource

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Freshwater Kayak Fishing

TOPIC: Miller's Ferry - Alabama River - Anyone?

Miller's Ferry - Alabama River - Anyone? 4 weeks 11 hours ago #1

• chag67
  • 10+ Posts!
My wife and I will be camping at the Miller's Ferry COE Campground in Alabama along the Alabama River. This campground is right near the dam and we are near two sloughs so we wont have to worry too much about the current.

Has anyone kayak fished this area by the dam? Some of the reviews of this campground mention alligators and swimming is only allowed during the summer and at a specific location. We will be camping in November and fishing most of the weekend. Just wondering how safe we would be. Most of the reviews that mentioned fishing talked about great fishing from the bank and from boats in the water but none mentioned kayaks specifically.

Millers Ferry COE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Miller's Ferry - Alabama River - Anyone? 3 weeks 6 days ago #2

• Silverhill, Alabama, USA
  • basscatlildave
  • MOD Squad
  • YakAngler Mod2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalPhotographerTravelerReviewerGreen Skull
I have been there and fished a lot. Gorgeous place. The gators will not bother you at all. If we even get a hint of a cold snap they will be sloooooow moving. A great spot in the fall is past the over boat launch back in a bunch of cypress tree. Look on Google Earth. If you don't see I can do a screen shot for ya. :up:

Miller's Ferry - Alabama River - Anyone? 3 weeks 2 days ago #3

• chag67
  • 10+ Posts!
We are staying on spot #1 which is back on the east side of the campground in that slough just south of the marina across the way. Currently my wife has the fishing bug after catching her first lm bass. She hasn't caught one since and I'm afraid she's gonna lose interest soon.

Miller's Ferry - Alabama River - Anyone? 3 weeks 2 days ago #4

• basscatlildave
  • MOD Squad
  • YakAngler Mod2015 YakAngler Supporter2016 YakAngler Supporter2014 YakAngler Supporter Ambassador MedalPhotographerTravelerReviewerGreen Skull
Paddle out past that marina and go the right. Stay straight and go up under that small bridge. There is a stand of Cypress trees back there. I've caught some at that bridge too. :up:

Miller's Ferry - Alabama River - Anyone? 3 weeks 2 days ago #5

• basscatlildave
  • MOD Squad
IMG_0544.PNG
The following user(s) said Thank You: chag67

Miller's Ferry - Alabama River - Anyone? 3 weeks 11 hours ago #6

• chag67
  • 10+ Posts!
Thanks.
Find this topic helpful? Why not share it with other kayak anglers?