First on my list are the NRS Rock Pants, these guys are made from 70-denier HyproTex 2.5 ripstop fabric
which is proven even in the worst conditions and the extra Cordura reinforcement makes these pants a solid water stopper!
- Rugged HyproTex 2.5 fabric is waterproof/breathable and protects well against the elements.
- Cordura armor on the seat and knees provides extra toughness in high-wear areas.
- The spacious cut allows for extra layers underneath.
- Gusseted neoprene ankle cuffs seal tight to help keep water out.
- Wide 3-mm neoprene waistband features a double-pull closure.
- Splash-proof pocket on the right thigh allows for easy access of stowed items.
Next I'd like the NRS Revolution Drytop with eVent. This top from NRS allows you to paddle all day long and not work up a sweat. With the eVent fabric it gives you unparalleled breathability and waterproofness.
- The fabric is so supple and quiet, you'll forget you've got on dry wear!
- Precision-taped seams and top-quality latex neck and wrist gaskets seal out water.
- The generous patterning gives you plenty of room for layering and freedom of movement.
- Stretch panels in the back enhance mobility and increase comfort while you're paddling.
- The raw neoprene in the 3-inch wide waist band really grips your sprayskirt. You snug it tight with the double hook-and-loop closures.
- The nylon inner tunnel completes the sealing system with your sprayskirt to keep your cockpit dry.
- Armored elbows add durability and protection to these high-wear areas.
- The splashproof zippered shoulder pocket gives you easily accessable storage.
- Adjustable polyurethane-coated Lycra cuffs at the neck and wrists protect your gaskets.
- Reflective piping enhances your visibility in low-light situations.
To keep my feet warm during the winter I'll need more than my KEEN Newport H2's. I'd like the Attack Shoe by NRS, this shoe I'll be able to wear from put-in to take-out.
- Improved HyperGrip sole provides impressive traction on both wet and dry surfaces.
- Multiple drainage points in the sole and upper allow water to easily escape, while keeping out sand and grit.
- The adjustable instep strap with side-release buckle snugs the shoe to your foot for stability and stay-put assurance - in the water or on the trail.
- A separate heel strap prevents rideup as you step.
- Cushy 2.5-mm neoprene construction supports your foot while retaining classic thermal capabilities.
- Tough rubber toe and heel cup protect your foot from the bumps and bashing of portage and scouting.
- Rugged PVC-coated woven polyester material wrapped around the sides of the shoe and across the top of the toes gives impact protection and improves lateral stability.
If I could only take one lure on the water it would be a Berkley Gulp Alive Jerk Shad! I have caught everything on these, from Catfish in the Ohio River to Snook on Indian Rocks Beach in Florida. Santa I don't care what color you bring me because I use them all!
- Absorb 20% more Gulp!® scent and attractant
- MORE EFFECTIVE than the 1st generation baits.
- 34% better swimming action than original Gulp!
- More attractant, better action, BETTER RESULTS than ever before!
Next I'd like the Helmet HERO Wide from GoPro. This is the world's smallest, wireless helmet and gear-mountable video camera for outdoor sports. Its got a Wide quick-release attaches to vented and non-vented helmets, bikes, kayaks, skis, snowboards, and even includes a head strap for wearing like a headlamp. Features 170º wide angle lens and 5 megapixel sensor, only problem with this guy is no zoom but that's why I also will carry my Cannon D10.
- Shoot 56 minutes of high-resolution video and 5 megapixel photos automatically in photo every 2 seconds mode.
- Use as a hand held camera
- Shockproof and waterproof to 100 feet/30 meters
- Sets up in seconds and is easily moved between different mount locations
Next on my list is The SPOT Personal Tracker, safety is always my top priority. SPOT notifies friends, family or an international rescue coordination center with your GPS location and status based on situation and need - all with the push of a button.
SPOT Personal Tracker
Now I hope Santa knows I left the two best for last and I hope he'll have enough room in his sleigh! For Christmas I'd like the Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo with Propel drive. This Hybrid kayak is awesome, With all the comfort and convenience of an Ultimate plus the versatility of a Multi sport kayak. I can pedal forward or backward and the rudder control lets me steer with a single finger while I enjoy the luxury of the First Class Seating system and the stability of the Tunnel Hull.
- Removable First Class Seat
- Propel Drive
- Tunnel Hull
- Adapt-A-Trak system
- Length: 14' 7" / 445 cm
- Width: 30" / 76 cm
- Weight: 68 lbs / 31 kg
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo Propel
Finally I'd like the new 2010 Native Magic 14.5 Solo, we've already done a review on this kayak so I'll not talk too much about it. For 2010 Native Watercraft changed the way the seat is attached. It is no longer plugged in. It now slides like the Ultimate and is hooked to the foot braces. There are also 4 places molded to accept small Scotty flush mounts.
- Removable First Class Seat
- Plug-N-Play system
- Length: 14' 6" / 442 cm
- Width: 32" / 81 cm
- Weight: 73 lbs / 33 kg
Native Magic 14.5 Solo